.32 WIN SPL

The last shop I knew that carried this not so popular round has closed many moons ago. Anyone in the Pioneer Valley know of any shops who carry it or might be willing to order some in. Thanks in advance.

Good Whitetail round! so what is the Rifle?? pics please!

The rifle is a Win model 94. Looks the same as my .30-30 just in a different caliber. If I can find ammo for it I plan to bring it with me to GunpowderPig.

I dont have any pictures as she's a little shy and hides in my dad's safe most of the time.

Last edited:
I just picked a 94 in the same caliber..was made in 1943 I think. If you find someone with ammo please let me know. Reloading components are still available but it looks like bullet selection is very limited to 170gr.

I just picked a 94 in the same caliber..was made in 1943 I think. If you find someone with ammo please let me know. Reloading components are still available but it looks like bullet selection is very limited to 170gr.

Will do. I need some factory fodder so I may reload them cases latter.

Midway has the brass. Also the brass can be very easily made from .30-30 brass. If you do that be careful as it could still be chambered in a 30-30 if someone isnt paying attention. Handloader had a good article a couple of years ago. I am getting ready to load a couple of hundred rounds of this this fall and will be using the reformed brass as it is much cheaper.

Try giving Bob's or Sparky's in Webster a call. They both have a good supply of ammo and might have a few boxes. Fin and Feather in Upton is another place that might have some.
I was in Morrisville VT this weekend. I checked out an outdoor shop downtown and saw a few boxes of .32 special on the shelf. I think the place is called JT Outdoors. The owner just took the store over last week. It is mostly fishing stuff right now but he had some black powder rifles and a small supply of hunting ammo. I pointed out the .32 special since my former father in law had a model 94 in that caliber.
I believe ammo is still available through Remington and Winchester.

Gonna Necro-bump this. My uncle in PA is getting rid of some rifles, and a couple may find their way back here with my father when he comes back after a Labor day visit. One of them is a Winchester '94 in .32 special. My uncle bought this gun new somewhere in the mid-60's, and took a lot of deer with it before he went into the Navy. I'm really looking forward to having this gun in my safe, and keeping it in the family. I did some quick searches, and find boolits here and there, but brass seems to be non-existent. Does anyone have any places that have or keep this brass in stock so I can load some ammos if I procure this fine rifle? I'm in NH, so shipping won't be a problem.

I've read somewhere that you can form .32 Win. Special cases from .30-30 brass. Dimensions are almost the same except for the neck, which can be expanded on the .32 dies.

Gonna Necro-bump this. My uncle in PA is getting rid of some rifles, and a couple may find their way back here with my father when he comes back after a Labor day visit. One of them is a Winchester '94 in .32 special. My uncle bought this gun new somewhere in the mid-60's, and took a lot of deer with it before he went into the Navy. I'm really looking forward to having this gun in my safe, and keeping it in the family. I did some quick searches, and find boolits here and there, but brass seems to be non-existent. Does anyone have any places that have or keep this brass in stock so I can load some ammos if I procure this fine rifle? I'm in NH, so shipping won't be a problem.
Congrats on that gun. Brings back memories. I shot my biggest buck (10 point, 200 lbs) in Maine in '78 with an old Winchester 94 in .32 spl. Jack.

Yeah, that worries me, as I have two 30-30's as well, so two different caliber a with the same head stamps is not ideal.

I reload 32 WS for my W94. The brass is hard to find but keep an eye out and let people (especially your range brass rats) know you need that caliber. I do re-form 30-30 brass for it and have used it extensively at the range while sorting out loads. Using 30-30 brass may be your only option so I wouldn't be too concerned about doing that. Just keep good track of your brass. Re-forming rifle brass has been going on since they invented brass and anyone who picks up any brass at the range should be cognizant of the possibility of that. I have a Wilson case gauge to always check my cartridges/brass after loading and/or re-forming 30-30 or whenever I obtain any used brass before it enters into my loading inventory.

Finding factory new cartridges is difficult and you might have to have your local shop order them since nobody seems to stock them that I know of.

I was just shooting it this week testing out some loads.

Last edited:
I reload 32 WS for my W94. The brass is hard to find but keep an eye out and let people (especially your range brass rats) know you need that caliber. I do re-form 30-30 brass for it and have used it extensively at the range while sorting out loads. Using 30-30 brass may be your only option so I wouldn't be too concerned about doing that. Just keep good track of your brass. Re-forming rifle brass has been going on since they invented brass and anyone who picks up any brass at the range should be cognizant of the possibility of that. I have a Wilson case gauge to always check my cartridges/brass after loading and/or re-forming 30-30 or whenever I obtain any used brass before it enters into my loading inventory.

Finding factory new cartridges is difficult and you might have to have your local shop order them since nobody seems to stock them that I know of.

I was just shooting it this week testing out some loads.

Great info, thanks! Are you annealing those cases? What are you using for powder? I have IMR 4064 on hand in quantity, and it works well in 30-30 and .356 WIN, found some load data for the .32, but am always open for suggestions.

Ok boys, here she is, fresh from Pennsyl-tucky!

avu9evup.jpg
veba4ysu.jpg

There is some minor surface schmeg on the receiver and a couple of screws, needs a good cleaning and lube, but overall is in great condition. I will be playing with the idea of re-blueing it, I don't know. I'm not familiar with older guns, and will be looking for some ideas to get this fine piece up to snuff.

This gem also followed my folks home:
ysyzarys.jpg
zydy2e5a.jpg

I know nothing of this rifle, except that it's a GI bring back Arisaka. I'll be looking for some info on this one too at a later date.
I'll get some better pics in the new acquisitions thread at some point

Ok boys, here she is, fresh from Pennsyl-tucky!
Woah! A friend of mine just had one of those (Winchester in 32WS) restored by a pro. His it turns out dates from the year before the round went public - it was a factory prototype. It came out spectacular and is dead-accurate with its peep sight at 100M. That round has peculiarly sharp kick for its total energy, too (especially with a metal butt plate and cavalry angled stock...).

I picked up a copy of Shooting Times on the newsstand today and it has an article on this round. Some history and some reloading recommendations. After reading it, I thought I might be on the lookout for a nice example to fit in between my 30-30 and 35 rem lever actions

If you're ever down around Foxwoods, I've got 48 pieces of .32 Special. I can't say what they are, but 14 appear to be factory Silver-Tips, the others are reloads, I suspect. Assume they all are. Come and shoot them off on-site, if you wish. You can take the brass home with you.

jibbr71: Same invite goes out for that Arisaka. I reload for both Type 38 and Type 99 and would love to see how my ammo performs (I don't have any Arisakas, of course).

Update: dug out the baggie of .32 Special...
10 reloads are in reworked .375 Win brass
14 Silvertips are all W-W Super
All others are Super-X, Super Speed, one R-P and one REM-UMC (possibly a folded head case...?)

If any of you .32 Special seekers are close to Barre, VT, perhaps I could bring this fodder up to my brothers next trip up (can shoot on his land or in the nearby state forest).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom