$350 for Winchester 18gun safe - tractor supply black friday

My son got the last one in our local TS. Just found out it is MY Christmas present from him and my wife. Merry Christmas to me... :) :). HO HO HO-------------------- Stash

18 is completelty unrealistic, but consistent with the standards set by the safe industry (which I think must be the storage if unscoped cricket sized rifles). The winchesters are bigger than the cannon equivilent rated safes. But comparing the stackon cabinets to a proper safe is apples and oranges in terms of levels os security. While not fort knox, the winchester is much more secure storage and is also fire rated.

Understand you get what you pay for. It has the lowest level fire rating that doesn't meet the level of most house fires in both temperature and duration. It's also only 14 gauge steel which I think is the thinnest to be considered a safe not just cabinet. I can't tell from the photo but I assume has at least two way locking bolts? Of course it makes no sense to not have bolts on the hinge side with an external hinge but I've seen dumber design flaws in 'safes'.

Back
Top Bottom