• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

357 mag load

peterk123

NES Member
I have been using 14.5 grains of 2400 for my S&W 357 mag (5 inch barrel). I recently acquired a Henry Big Boy in the same caliber and I use the same load. It works wonderfully, although I have yet to test its accuracy at 100 yards, and I have not performed a chrono test. Would you guys recommend sticking with the 2400, or is there something better suited for the rifle, that would also play nice with the revolver? Thanks Pete

I have been using 14.5 grains of 2400 for my S&W 357 mag (5 inch barrel). I recently acquired a Henry Big Boy in the same caliber and I use the same load. It works wonderfully, although I have yet to test its accuracy at 100 yards, and I have not performed a chrono test. Would you guys recommend sticking with the 2400, or is there something better suited for the rifle, that would also play nice with the revolver? Thanks Pete
2400 is perfect. Less erosion that what you get with H110 and the like. I never thought it was worth it to stop up to H110 for the tiny increase in velocity over 2400. You’re going to love that carbine and love the velocity increase in that barrel length.

Back
Top Bottom