• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

37mm Legality

SPO38

NES Member
Is anyone familiar with the laws regarding 37mm launchers in Massachusetts? Before I buy one I just want to make sure I'm in the clear.

Honestly not even sure if I actually need an FFL...

Is anyone familiar with the laws regarding 37mm launchers in Massachusetts? Before I buy one I just want to make sure I'm in the clear.

Honestly not even sure if I actually need an FFL...
If they are legal and I can’t imagine even in Mass they aren’t you do not need an FFL.

A 37mm (flare) launcher is not an NFA item. However , if you possess this launcher with any "ammunition" that includes any kind of ballistic device, it then becomes a Destructive Device and is subject to NFA restrictions.

So if you want to get any kind of dummy rounds with rubber bullets or anything like that, you need to register it and pay the $200 stamp.

I am about 85% certain of this. So please research it further.

No restrictions on the device as a flare launcher but as dcmdon mentioned, its only for flares and anything else changes that to a DD. I used to own one and researched it before getting it. I also read that if you shoot a flare from it at someone or something, it also makes it a Destructive Device.

Flares smoke, etc, nbd. Anything that is intended to destroy shit = DD land.

Back
Top Bottom