• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

3D Archery?

(with regard to 3D competitions)

For a beginner, what are the typical target distances?

Last edited:
You mean 3D competition or are you just asking about hunting distances?

In competition, the ranges can go out to 100 yards. The range to the target is NOT MADE KNOWN to you. You can not use a range finder. You have to guestimate it. That's part of the challenge. In hunting, they're inside 30 99% of the time.

I know the Tri-County 3D league sets up at 4 distances (kinda like golf tees).. Shortest are for kids. maybe 10 yds... Longest are for "top gun" and could be as far as 70 yds. We get lots of folks who just like to shoot without keeping score, or just keeping their own scores. Our next one at Wrentham is on Nov 3.

In competition, the ranges can go out to 100 yards. The range to the target is NOT MADE KNOWN to you. You can not use a range finder. You have to guestimate it. That's part of the challenge. In hunting, they're inside 30 99% of the time.

Competitions.

Wife's been asking about it, and I know nothing. I don't think she's ready for anything beyond 40 yards though.

This.

Hunting shots in the Northeast is usually less than 30 due to tree and brush cover.
Unless your sitting an open swamp or field.

Back
Top Bottom