• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

3D printed guns

Maura is going to have a cow when she finds out the BPL and every library consortium in the state has these things call "books" which happen to have measured drawings and instructions for the manufacture of firearms in their collections.

Channel 5 reported Maura is getting in on the bandwagon trying to restrict this information. A to product "blacklisting", it already exists.
It's been surmised that DRM and duplication blacklisting will drive the creation of the first true AI.

I wish Maura and her censorship buddies in NJ and PA all the luck -- one of the first hobbyist 3D printer projects was RepRap, a low-cost 3D printer capable of printing most of its own components, and running fully open-source firmware. Non-printable parts are COTS commodity parts, threaded rod, stepper motors, etc. Even the Arduino controller itself is open source hardware.

I read that as, yeah, it's "possible" to print a working gun, but it probably won't work for very long and definitely not at any great distance.
It is quite possible in the current regulatory environment where the toughest to make component (barrel) is unregulated. An EBR with a printed lower would be quite durable and accurate.

Boris did not "make an AK from a shovel", but rather "made the regulated part from a shovel".

Good luck 3D printing a quality accurate gun in one of the countries where the barrel is a regulated and serialized part.

Last edited:
Maura is going to have a cow when she finds out the BPL and every library consortium in the state has these things call "books" which happen to have measured drawings and instructions for the manufacture of firearms in their collections.

Yes, but apply a temperature of 451 degrees Fahrenheit and they disappear.

It is quite possible in the current regulatory environment where the toughest to make component (barrel) is unregulated. An EBR with a printed lower would be quite durable and accurate.

Boris did not "make an AK from a shovel", but rather "made the regulated part from a shovel".

Good luck 3D printing a quality accurate gun in one of the countries where the barrel is a regulated and serialized part.

250px-Pistol_FP-45_02.jpg

It was NEVER intended to be a firearm you would carry, use and continue to carry.

It was intended to provide the bearer with the means to obtain a fresh one from a Nazi.

A modern, plastic Liberator WILL work well enough for that and the steps necessary to make it work nicely and repeatedly aren't all that difficult. Granted, the firing pin won't work printed in PLA or ABS. Still need a roofing nail for that.

Actually in Ukraine barrels are "regulated" ... kind of, but there is absolutely no shortage of black market barrels. Many people used to import them from US illegally ... i.e. not telling .gov [laugh] but now the market thrives with good supply of domestically made "illegal" barrels for whatever gun you need ... i.e. not telling .gov [laugh]

This is funny theatre of fight over something superficial, i.e. trying to block electrons that allow you to print barely useful firearm. I'd guess this is more about trolling and setting precedent, who knows.

There are better technologies than 3d printing, i.e. indirect. I'd go with printing 3D molds that can be used for casting lowers, actually making it a reliable firearm that would easily survive over 1000 rounds. The difference is tiny smidgeon of skill required, vs. let's print this shit, but there may be other options as well.

This is funny theatre of fight over something superficial, i.e. trying to block electrons that allow you to print barely useful firearm. I'd guess this is more about trolling and setting precedent, who knows.
I think it's driven by ignorance and fear as much as anything else. People hear that NASA is 3D printing rocket engine parts and believe people can print a fully functional AR-15 with the 3D printer they put together from a $300 kit. Most people really are that ignorant of new technologies, partly because they believe the news reporters who understand it even less than the average person.

I promise you will feel dumber after reading this article.

But for your curiousity sake...
Alyssa Milano: A 3D printed gun is downloadable death (Opinion) - CNN

"It is not hyperbole to say that this could mean the end of our ability to have meaningful gun violence prevention in America."

"An internet search on ghost guns tells a terrifying tale: headlines of gangs stocking up on these untraceable weapons. Of states with strict gun laws like Massachusetts confiscating hundreds of these guns. Of a tide of guns we don't know are out there and we don't know how to trace."

"It is not hyperbole to say that this could mean the end of our ability to have meaningful gun violence prevention in America."

"An internet search on ghost guns tells a terrifying tale: headlines of gangs stocking up on these untraceable weapons. Of states with strict gun laws like Massachusetts confiscating hundreds of these guns. Of a tide of guns we don't know are out there and we don't know how to trace."

She used to be so frigging cute. Now she is a disgusting pig.

From your lips to God's ear, piglet...

Funny, I didn't realize she was actually Gladys Kravitz. Her former cuteness deceived me.

The whole 3d printing scare is laughable, considering there are easily 3 other diy ways I can think of that will get you a fully functional gun.

I don’t have a really good knowledge of 3d printing but how much do you actually need to spend to make a liberator/songbird/AR lower?

The whole 3d printing scare is laughable, considering there are easily 3 other diy ways I can think of that will get you a fully functional gun.

I don’t have a really good knowledge of 3d printing but how much do you actually need to spend to make a liberator/songbird/AR lower?

A $150 ANET A8 kit, a $20 spool of PLA or ABS media and a couple or three "open" weekends. One to build the printer and one to "learn" the ropes and print the firearm.

Yup!

View: https://youtu.be/tH-PaNugz9w

There are better technologies than 3d printing, i.e. indirect. I'd go with printing 3D molds that can be used for casting lowers, actually making it a reliable firearm that would easily survive over 1000 rounds. The difference is tiny smidgeon of skill required, vs. let's print this shit, but there may be other options as well.

Good grief! At lunch I flipped on CNN just to see what the retards were up to and they were talking about this. The ignorance and outright lies were stunning to watch. CT Sen Blumenthal pulled a nice fast one when asked if you can mak a working gun out of plastic. He said something along the lines of..."Look, we're essentially making airplanes out of plastic. That's what composites are. They work, they're effective and reliable."
How he worked his tone of voice left the viewer thinking he was probably saying 3D printed guns "work, they're effective and reliable."
He's a slick retard.

Gun manufacturers of the the 1700's and 1800's had tooling and factories that were ALMOST as good a modern day hobbiest.

Imagine what they could have done 200 years ago with a Hazard Fraught mini lathe or drill press, never mind some decent tools.

It's going to be very interesting to see how the leftists of this country twist and bend the English language to say that an open source application on the internet is a matter of national security and so are the associated files. I have a feeling that this is all going to be in the hands of SCOTUS very soon.

All this shit about 3D printing. You can make a 12 gauge for $50 bucks. With a trip to your local Ace

Want to rattle a few cages and get some Target gift cards in the process?

Show up at some local police gun buy back with as many Liberators as you can crank out.

They'll either have to refuse them as not being legit firearms (there goes the untraceable firearms for everyone and anyone argument),
or accept them and run out of gift cards when they could have gotten the real deal off the streets.

I realize the gun buy back shit can be a touchy issue here at times, but it would it would really throw a monkey wrench
into their paranoid nonsense.

Doesn't really matter though, because whatever happens in the courts or Congress, the DefCad files, 3D printers and Ace Hardware aren't going anywhere.

The Truth About Guns released all of the plans tonight. In this article there is a link to the CAD direct and drop box. The drop box daily limit has been exceeded. Download and print boys!

Gun Controllers, Politicians and Judges Think They Can Stop the Free Flow of Information. They're Wrong. - The Truth About Guns

Link to lots of files and pictures for your viewing pleasure.

There are amazing designs that are better then the Liberator - but more complicated.
Computer-aided Design – FOSSCAD

EDIT:

Maura: You created a monster! And, I'm not the only one!!!

I want to get into printing now and CAD!!!

You should have just kept your clam SHUT!!!

You have unleashed the power of the internet!!!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVF9lZ-i_ss

Last edited:
Don't worry guys, Channel 5 reports that Linstain is on the case. He claims that he is diligently crafting a brilliant piece of legislation that will protect all the children from the threat of this evil plastic!

Everyone grab your enema bag and get ready for another anal reaming. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom