• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

3D printed guns

Serious question, what would happen if we printed up a bunch of plastic guns and sent these people a sample of what they are freaking out about?

fair enough, but what if I only sent one part, then a buddy sent another part, then someone sent another, and so on till all the parts are there? No laws broken, not a gun, just pieces. That would be awesome! Milford Daily news has an article that Linnsky is on the case making up a law that will fix it. Wants anyone who manufactures guns to need license. Good luck pal. I’m sure they think that one more law will do the trick!

Not to worry it looks like 3D printing and firearms expert David Hogg peddled his bicycle over to CNN and discussed this with Anderson Cooper last night.
I am sure we are now all safe from the evil strings of code.

(The comments are great)

:emoji_tiger:

Tbh, I don't know why they are going through all of this trouble to try and shut this down. I don't see how it is difficult to design a 1 shot firearm yourself with a 3D printer. Then again, they just want a win no matter how ineffective it may be

Tbh, I don't know why they are going through all of this trouble to try and shut this down. I don't see how it is difficult to design a 1 shot firearm yourself with a 3D printer. Then again, they just want a win no matter how ineffective it may be
Its a battle over 1A more than 2A. They want our side silenced. They will use whatever propaganda and alinsky tactics that they need to.

Ever hear of taking the most fire when you are nearest to the target? The left is totally freaking out about this. Should tell you everything that you need to know.

Gun manufacturers of the the 1700's and 1800's had tooling and factories that were ALMOST as good a modern day hobbiest.

Imagine what they could have done 200 years ago with a Hazard Fraught mini lathe or drill press, never mind some decent tools.
Take a look at the WWII Garand manufacturing setup. They had over 300 machines, each fixtures to perform one operation.

Now with a couple setups on a 3 axis CNC vertical mill, you can produce an entire part, unattended. If you don’t have CAM of your own, you can hire a programmer to generate the code for you.

Already on torrent sites, no one on earth has the power to stop it now!
After the first go-round, I was able to find everything on a New Zealand website, and others.

We have the exact same 3D printer that Wilson used to make the first example. It’s ABS plastic, not bad stuff for making hand grips or stocks, but way way down the list of most structural materials. The PLA used in most home 3D printers is completely unsuitable.

Actually in Ukraine barrels....
The futility of stopping the transfer of information is stunning. Just as an example, there's a fair chunk of information encoded into whether someone says "in Ukraine" versus "in the Ukraine".

The futility of stopping the transfer of information is stunning. Just as an example, there's a fair chunk of information encoded into whether someone says "in Ukraine" versus "in the Ukraine".

??
Pretty sure it is supposed to be "The Ukraine", isn't it?

Now that we have paid to train and educate the "Dreamers", they can now organize and arm their illegal compadre's to start a takeover with 3D Printed Guns.

??
Pretty sure it is supposed to be "The Ukraine", isn't it?
Currently no "The." Something about it actually being a country now, as opposed to a territory of the USSR.

The above illustrates the point I was trying to make.

In strictly news settings, the stylebook has changed from using "the" to not using it. In a number of political circles, use / non-use is inferred to indicate your position on a number of points regarding the relationship of former soviet republics versus their current status.

Knowing the regime in which the term is being used, and knowing which form of the term a person uses can encode a fair amount of information about the person and his politics.

... or maybe just their age. [thinking][wave]

others: The Crimea? The Phillipines? The Hawaiian Islands? The Outback? The Azores? The Yukon?

Wow, the leftists jumped on this quickly....what a surprise.

How about reducing my health care and prescription costs?

How about reducing the billions being spent on welfare?

Lots of more important things to tackle.

That is why activists need to be voted out.

For a mere $120k the Desktop Metal Studio printer can make all firearm components excepting maybe springs.

Thirteen years ago a ready-out-of-the-box desktop FDM printer ran $20-30k. Thirteen years from now perhaps we will see metal printers like the one I linked in the $3000 range, or maybe even sooner.

... or maybe just their age. [thinking][wave]

others: The Crimea? The Phillipines? The Hawaiian Islands? The Outback? The Azores? The Yukon?
But all of those are regional names for smaller portions of larger political entities (which political entity you choose as the superset for Crimea giving away more political orientation information), with the exception of the Philippines, which is a subset of the official name of the country ("the Republic of the Philippines"). ;)

So, think trump will act on this? Did he ever actually do anything about bump stocks?

I never had an interest in owning an AR. But Maura said ARs are bad, so I got the parts and built a couple.
I never had an interest in Glocks. I thought they were ugly and over priced. But Maura said Glocks were bad and too dangerous for the common people, so I bought one.
I thought the 3D printed gun thing was a novelty at first. Great idea if things really went south in this country. But Maura is against free speech and liberty. I'll download the plans and if I ever get access to a machine, well who knows.
I guess I am like a little kid. When "mommy" says don't do something, that's when I want to do it even more.

On a side note, I was at a picnic this past Sunday when people from Maura's and Liz's campaigns came around. They left literature in my mailbox. I wish I would have been here so that I could have given them my thoughts on those two. But I guess I was lucky since my "discussion" would probably have got me ERPO'd

So, think trump will act on this? Did he ever actually do anything about bump stocks?

He told the DoJ to do "something" about bump stocks, DoJ attempted (is still attempting?) to reclassify them as machine guns to effectively ban them, as of now they are legal in most states and not illegal federally.

I'm imaging with both of these issues, they will eventually go to SCOTUS and any laws restricting them will be declared unconstitutional.

Back
Top Bottom