4 Biggest Second Amendment Fights on 2018 Horizon

Admin

Staff Member
Administrator
NES Member
gun-ownership-640x480.png

By AWR Hawkins

With 2018 underway Breitbart News thought it wise to point out four Second Amendment fights that the House and Senate need to address sooner rather than later.

Some of these fights are issues that were undertaken but not secured in 2017, things like national reciprocity and the Hearing Protection Act. Others are things that came up and need to be defeated. These would include things like the backdoor push for bump stock gun control.

The bottom line—there are things to be done in defense of the Second Amendment now.

Read full story here: 4 Biggest Second Amendment Fights on 2018 Horizon - Breitbart

We will no doubt all have our state and local battles in addition to these national battles in 2018

Bump stocks are the 4th most important 2A fight and things like ever-expanding state AWBs and discretionary licensing didn't even make the list? I think there are bigger fish to fry than bump stocks. Let's not get distracted with pointless gadgets.

Bump stocks are the 4th most important 2A fight and things like ever-expanding state AWBs and discretionary licensing didn't even make the list? I think there are bigger fish to fry than bump stocks. Let's not get distracted with pointless gadgets.

I agree with you but I think the the article was from a Federal legislation perspective, discretionary licensing (suitability) and the AWB are state issues.

I agree with you but I think the the article was from a Federal legislation perspective, discretionary licensing (suitability) and the AWB are state issues.

At this point in time, they're also more of a judicial issue rather than a legislative one.

My question is how much power does the state have? If national reprocity and the HPA pass will MA residents even benefit?

My question is how much power does the state have? If national reprocity and the HPA pass will MA residents even benefit?
Ma. politicians and Ma. judicial only obey and enforce the laws that suit them not the ones that suit us so it's unlikely that it will benefit us since they'll just disregard it and continue to infringe upon the peoples rights.

Ma. politicians and Ma. judicial only obey and enforce the laws that suit them not the ones that suit us so it's unlikely that it will benefit us since they'll just disregard it and continue to infringe upon the peoples rights.

Totally agree, but it will be interesting watching the legislative and judicial elites twist themselves in knots working around national reciprocity.

Good, I hope they do.

Totally agree, but it will be interesting watching the legislative and judicial elites twist themselves in knots working around national reciprocity.

The feds should add in some language that hold state pols and AG's personally responsible for civil/Constitutional rights violations if it passes. That might give Dimples some pucker....and it should.

My bet is spineless RINO McConnell puts it in a drawer to rot.

Perhaps but subscribing to that strategy would be like playing checkers in a chess tournament. These state-level affronts are attacks on the root of the 2A and are far more insidious than distractions like bumpstocks. If MA, NY, CA, etc. get away with banning the most commonly owned semi-automatic rifles in existence it sets a precedent that effectively guts the 2A. What good is a bump stock if you don't have a rifle to put it on?

The feds should add in some language that hold state pols and AG's personally responsible for civil/Constitutional rights violations if it passes. That might give Dimples some pucker....and it should.

This is currently the biggest affront and existential threat to 2nd Amendment rights until it gets resolved in the courts.
No matter what happens on the federal level, moonbat states like MA, CA, CT, NY, NJ still get to ban/infringe as much as possible. The majority of the country doesn't have these issues so they don't really care because it doesn't effect them (until it does).
The shit that CA is pulling is so spectacularly fubar that hopefully when SCOTUS finally takes one of these cases it will be a slam dunk bringing the wrath of the constitution down full force. The come-up-ins for the likes of the Demauragorgon would be so so sweet.
The clock is ticking on the legislative front, it would be great if 2A becomes a fighting point for Republicans trying to save their asses when people go back to the polls in November. If the rest of the country knew what was good for them they would hold these snakeoil pushers to put their money where their mouth is and and demand action for 2A BEFORE the election.

These national fights are great and important, but the real fights are happening on the state/local level where us 2A folks are usually stuck screaming into the void.

Currently the biggest affront and existential threat to 2nd Amendment rights is the states/federal rights issue... until it gets resolved in the courts.
No matter what happens on the federal level, moonbat states like MA, CA, CT, NY, NJ still get to ban/infringe as much as possible. The majority of the country doesn't have these issues so they don't really care because it doesn't effect them (until it does).
The shit that CA is pulling is so spectacularly fubar that hopefully when SCOTUS finally takes one of these cases it will be a slam dunk bringing the wrath of the constitution down full force. The come-up-ins for the likes of the Demauragorgon would be so so sweet.
The clock is ticking on the legislative front, it would be great if 2A becomes a fighting point for Republicans trying to save their asses when people go back to the polls in November. If the rest of the country knew what was good for them they would hold these snakeoil pushers to put their money where their mouth is and and demand action for 2A BEFORE the election.

These national fights are great and important, but the real fights are happening on the state/local level where us 2A folks are usually stuck screaming into the void.

You let them ban bump stocks, you think they'll stop there?

They'd probably have to either have penalties for violations or tie it to Federal funding. Mass receives about $14 billion/year in Federal funding. Threaten some of that and they'll roll over like dogs.

Back
Top Bottom