40 vs 45 or 9mm

Cross-X said:
I wouldn't want to use a .22 for self-defense: it might annoy my assailant.

I would think that 5 or 6 rounds of .22LR in the face would annoy any assailant to the point where he'd like to lay down a while and bleed. :)

"Why did you shoot that person 6 times?"
"I ran out of bullets."

Ross

"Now, big fella, hold still while I shoot you five or six times in the face...."

What about all of the inevitable misses?

Few are as good on the street as they are on the range.

Cross-X said:
"Now, big fella, hold still while I shoot you five or six times in the face...."

I'm having a very difficult time reading that first line while seeing the Bugs Bunny avatar on the message. I just have an image of you wearing bunny ears on the range, Darius...

Cross-X said:

That's my take too. Adreneline would be pumping like crazy. However if ALL I had was a .22, you can bet I'd empty the mag if need be. I'm usually equiped with more than a .22 tho, so those chances are pretty nil.

Cross-X said:
Funny guy. Very funny.

I keep waitng for you to show up at Riverside wearing your swashbuckler's get-up!

He's a knight - not a swashbuckler. Wrong time frame D. [lol] Although...you would look adorable in bunny ears. [wink]

Oh, the 22 is usually put away at home. She does shoot the Glock 19, after all, it is HERS, she just has more fun shooting the 22 at the range. And she used to be able to shoot better than me (and I qualify Sharpshooter with an M9). She's shot 39 out of 40 before, but I cried foul. The post Marksmanship Training Unit was doing the qualification, and she got to use a National Match 1911A1 (yes, a real military one), not a rack grade. She could then carry the 1911A1 on payroll guard, instead of an M16.

Lynne said:
He's a knight - not a swashbuckler.

Thank you for the compliment, m'Lady; I am actually a squire in the service of Viscount Sir Gaius Auklandus.

(And yes, Darius, I do have armor - both a coat of plates and a mail shirt. here's a photo taken about 15+years ago. The pole I'm carrying is actually a 9 foot spear.)
DOMNALL2.JPG

Lord Donal MacDaniell

Oh, I forgot to add, break into my house, she'll use either the Glock (with Mag Tech's) or the 1911A1 (with 185 JHPs). Either way is GOING to leave a mark. She used to prefer a SHOTGUN. That definitely leaves a BIG mark.

dwarven1 said:
Thank you for the compliment, m'Lady;

<insert graceful curtsey> T'was my pleasure, m'Lord. I must make haste and feed the dragon now. She does so get most distressed when her sup is late.

:D

Cross-X said:
I wouldn't want to use a .22 for self-defense: it might annoy my assailant.

What good it if he dies in the hospital, a couple hours later?

Your assailant may not live long enough because of too much loss of blood, internal hemorrhage, infection or tetanus. Or, may DIE of loss of air due to excessive laughing... aagghh! :D [oops]

Yeap... I agree hitting the right spot with a 22 may do the job! But I would rather not to carry one for self defense. [wink]

The preferred tool of deer jackers up here is the 22 Magnum, in a rifle. Bullet placement is everything.

By NO means do I advocate using a 22 for self-defense, but, it beats NO gun, hands down.

Cross-X said:
It looks real nice sitting on the shelf next to my .50 BMG revolver.

I am starting to amass quite a collection!

I have one on my fireplace right next to my bakers dozen of Stinger Missles. :D

Cross-X said:
Stingers? You have Stingers?

A baker's dozen and you still didn't share?

Shame, shame, shame!

Aw, keep the Stingers. If you let an airplane get that close, you can be on the receiving end of CAS. Not good.

Personally, I prefer IHAWK or Nike-Herc.

Back
Top Bottom