.45 ACP AR PCC Who's built one?

Because they're pretty lame IMHO.

Found a BCG in 15 seconds lol

But if you're going to build this atrocity, welding a magblock in for Uzi mags seems to be the way. @warwickben has built one or two.

1620283268385.png

1620283282732.png

Pictured above is the AR45 lower from CNC which as you can see takes (preban!) M3 Grease Gun mags.
Can be found/ordered at www.cncguns.com and trust me it makes a lovely weapon to shoot.

Bazooka Bros also made a lower called the "BAZ-45" which took M3 mags, but they're not common.

Why grease gun mags? Durable, plentiful, inexpensive, and preban for MA people.

M3 mags also work with 10mm, and 10mm has enough pressure to run a gas-operated AR.

Yea, I'm definitely flinty, but I have a garage full of 3 phase machine tools.
I now have a pcc upper receiver and a glock mag lower. My plan is to use the glock mag lower for my 9mm pcc, and use the lower with the Colt mag adapter for .45 acp. Im pretty sure that I can modify the adapter to accept a slightly larger mag for the .45.

Some places have barrels in stock, and others are still out of everything. But, finding what I need shouldn't be a problem. I will probably get mags from RTG Parts. I love those guys.

If you are thinking about building anything ar15ish, you better get what you need soon. Uppers are next.

How much is that based on mass lowers vs the kriss?
Actually thinking of this a little more critically if somebody is afraid of the man/pant shitters, the grease gun mag thing is a better way to go because there's an infinite supply of those old f****** things.... on the other hand trying to get G 21 FML prebans and then adapters it's going to cost you a fortune... so the kriss is expensive for a whole other reason... at least to that one straight laced category of buyers.

Macon Armory makes a slick DI 45cal upper

Even better if you can mate it to a POTUS 45 lower

LEFT-SIDE.jpg

Macon Armory makes a slick DI 45cal upper

Even better if you can mate it to a POTUS 45 lower

View attachment 488343
Rudy is first class. Stands behind everything he sells. Highly recommend them.

How much is that based on mass lowers vs the kriss?
not at all. it has a lot of tech to make it better for full auto. as a semi its kinda a waste of space and weight and the shape is kinda cumbersome. my ar with glock mags is lighter then most of my ar's in 556. the ergos are meh. as a "pistol" in semi its a joke.

I picked up a couple Grease Gun mags. Now I see how wide they are. I guess most people remove the reinforcement off of the lips and mag catch area to make them thinner. The AR mag well would still need to be widened slightly.

Does removing the reinforcement cause any problems with the mag lips?

Also the wife just bought me a New Frontier Amory 45ACP barrel!
16341784478536504112182884407216.jpg
16341785590301878598576393085244.jpg
16341786357806700748335756831307.jpg

love the 45pcc. a friend has one. minute of pie plate accuracy at 100 yards. Lots of fun. Good call if you already reload for it. Plus you can keep your man card by not switching to nine..

P.S. check wolfpackarmory, they have a lot of 45pcc parts, lowers, uppers, etc.

Last edited:
Something about shooting 45 at rifle range distances reminds me of shooting a potato gun. Pull trigger, hear bang, watch bullet travel down range and eventually make it to the target (hopefully). They're fun though.

Last edited:
My two favorites are the LWRC SMG 45 which uses UMP Mags, followed by the Angstadt Arms UDP 45 which takes Glock Mags.

I loved everything I was seeing about this gun until the accuracy issues started to be reported. Military Arms Channel does a deep dive on what might be a design defect in the unusual delay mechanism that utilizes a moving barrel. I think LWRC is fixing it or may have actually fixed it by now, but I'm still a little weary after seeing the unorthodox action design. And considering the price tag, that's a terrible fail.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbN_q63vkds

Something about shooting 45 at rifle range distances reminds me of shooting a potato gun. Pull trigger, hear bang, watch bullet travel down range and eventually make it to the target (hopefully). They're fun though.
And if the sun is coming over your shoulder at the right angle, you can watch the bullet travel downrange..not kidding. And because its big and slow, you can hear the fwap on the target.

Back
Top Bottom