• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

.45 carry pistol?

Actually, even better is a slimmer G36 slide on a G30 or G30SF frame that still allows for 10 rds, or 13 using a G21 mag.

Hoping that the good folks at Sig will push to get this Mass compliant.

P227 SAS Gen 2

227-SAS-Detail-Hero.jpg

aka, the Glock 30s. You can buy one like that direct from Glock now. Well, not in MA...

No, you can't buy direct from Glock, but slides and frames are available when sellers have them in stock. I have a G30 and will be looking for a G36 slide.

Run don't walk from a Para. Been there done that.

I don't understand all the hate for Para... Granted my experience is with a pistol produced in the early 90's. Put about 5000 rounds through the original [aluminum] frame, before changing it to a steel one (because I wanted to). I wanted a bit more weight in the steel frame for competition shooting (more weight in the grip to better balance it). I'm seriously thinking of taking the old frame and building a carry gun on it.

If the Para hate is from products produced later, that had QC/QA issues, I can understand. I can't speak about their customer support, since I never needed to use them.

I don't understand all the hate for Para... Granted my experience is with a pistol produced in the early 90's. Put about 5000 rounds through the original [aluminum] frame, before changing it to a steel one (because I wanted to). I wanted a bit more weight in the steel frame for competition shooting (more weight in the grip to better balance it). I'm seriously thinking of taking the old frame and building a carry gun on it.

If the Para hate is from products produced later, that had QC/QA issues, I can understand. I can't speak about their customer support, since I never needed to use them.

My one and only Para crapped out under 200 rounds called customer service and talked to a mcdonalds flunky. Fixed it on my own and sold it, never again.

My one and only Para crapped out under 200 rounds called customer service and talked to a mcdonalds flunky. Fixed it on my own and sold it, never again.

Which model and when was it produced? Sucks that the customer service person was that far below the level he/she should have been.

I think I ran 200 rounds through mine in the first day it went to the range.

Which model and when was it produced? Sucks that the customer service person was that far below the level he/she should have been.

I think I ran 200 rounds through mine in the first day it went to the range.

Don't recall the model # It was a short barrel 45. I bought it when they were moving out of Canada.

Why must we jump right to autos?
S&W 625-10 PC

Two questions for you there...
1. Does it come in an adult size? [laugh]
2. How close do you need to be in order to hit the broad side of a barn? How about the broad side of a full size sedan?

Seriously, what is that a 1" barrel? If you're close enough to hit someone with it, you might as well just use it as a club. Or kick them since you'll be close enough. [shocked] Actually, the knife would be more dangerous to the target.

I don't know where you're located but I saw a ruler 45 on consignment at shooters warehouse in Tewksbury. I had my eye on it but I decided against it because I need to carry something a bit smaller at e moment.

I have a S&W "Gunsite" that I like to carry, either IWB with a Sparks Summer Special, or OWB in a Minotaur Gladiator,

An HK45c would make a nice carry 45 IMHO

Two questions for you there...
1. Does it come in an adult size? [laugh]
2. How close do you need to be in order to hit the broad side of a barn? How about the broad side of a full size sedan?

Seriously, what is that a 1" barrel? If you're close enough to hit someone with it, you might as well just use it as a club. Or kick them since you'll be close enough. [shocked] Actually, the knife would be more dangerous to the target.

It's a shame there are so many limited people out there with revolver experience.

glock 21

13+1 is the best youre gonna get

14rds of 45 acp hollowpoint aint nothing to **** with

Add an Arredondo base pad (+4) to the 13 rd G21 pre-ban (in MA) magazine and you have 17 rds of .45 ACP. I did a similar thing with the 15rd pre-ban mags for my G20 except the base was a +5 which gave me 20 rds of 10mm goodness per mag.

I also have a Para S-14 (made in Canada...) that pre dates all the Para hate out there. Added +2 bases to the 14 rd pre-ban mag for 16 rds in a 1911 style gun.

All of these options are HEAVY though and the base pads themselves are expensive, so when I want to carry a .45 I invariably OWB a Sig P220 with a 10 rd ProMag. Still a bit of weight but much lighter than any of the other choices I currently have....except for the light saber app on my smart phone or the type I hand phaser I pocket carry. YMMV.

Back
Top Bottom