• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

5.56 NATO Two-Tone Brass

The case necks are annealed, which makes the metal more ductile (able to be deformed without fracturing).

A Wal-Mart employee advised someone against buying a box of .308 because it "didn't like right." He pulled a round out of the box to show the discoloration. I normally keep to myself but had to step in and set them straight.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Google the Giraud annealing setup. Like no other.

-Proud to be dad every day, a licensed plumber most days, and wish I was a shoemaker on others.

i loled.
it's for modern gun fashionistas who demand that their ammo colors can be matched to their perfectly thought out range get up. no more bright yellow brass mismatch with your carefully picked-out ensemble of 5.11 branded FDE britches and tee.

Last edited:
Great post.

Being a newb, I was looking at my 5.56 the other day asking myself, "man was this fired already? These cases look wierd"

This is an incredibly clever gadget. But in the time it takes to make it, i could probably have a few thousand annealed already with a pair of channel locks, a Turbo torch and a 12 pack. Besides, u still have to stand there and feed it. Definitely very cool

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom