• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

5 PA campuses no longer gun-free

Cue the typical liberal nonsense. I'm so glad these people are so much smarter than the rest of us mere mortals. So glad I'm not in college or have college aged kids.

Quote from the OP cited story

"So, in 2011, there was a one in 4243 chance that a student would be assaulted on campus.

As a point of comparison, in 2011, 751,131 aggravated assaults were reported in the United States. Rounding the population to 310,000,000, that or a one in 413 chance of any individual’s being the victim of such an attack.

But the ever-increasing number of mass murders and especially those that stand out for having occurred at our schools have continued to undermine our sense of our children’s safety and our own safety in what are supposed to be—and statistically still are–safe havens.

So, instead of pursuing some common-sense measures to try to keep guns out of the hands of criminals and the mentally unstable, gun advocates propose that we resort to the counterintuitive and make guns more prevalent.

It is the equivalent of addressing traffic fatalities on congested roads by funneling even more cars onto those roads, or creating congestion on even more roads–, perhaps more to the point, encouraging the worst drivers, including the uninsured and unlicensed, to take the most congested roads."

It is the equivalent of addressing traffic fatalities on congested roads by funneling even more cars onto those roads, or creating congestion on even more roads–, perhaps more to the point, encouraging the worst drivers, including the uninsured and unlicensed, to take the most congested roads."

Don't they do that already?

It is the equivalent of addressing traffic fatalities on congested roads by funneling even more cars onto those roads,creating congestion on even more roads–, perhaps more to the point, encouraging the worst drivers, including the uninsured and unlicensed, to take the most congested roads."

What A Stupid Stupid Analogy Written By A Stupid Stupid person.

Allowing Cc At Schools Would Be More Like DepUtizing Citizens To Cite*Dangerous Drivers And Informing Bad Drivers That There Would Be Serious Consequences To Dangerous Driving.

(Sorry For The Caps, My Phone Is Being Weird)

Just posted the following; I wonder if it will get published.

Your comment is awaiting moderation.
May 14, 2013 at 4:32 pm ∞
Is the use of guns as a means of deterring crime and/or defending oneself really counter intuitive to you? How then do you justify the use of guns by law enforcement officials, or shopkeepers or security personnel? To suggest that allowing guns on campus is “the equivalent of addressing traffic fatalities on congested roads by funneling even more cars onto those roads, or creating congestion on even more roads” is simply laughable. You apparently base your opinion on a simple but flawed premise that guns are dangerous and can serve no other purpose. You are wrong! As for the entrepreneurs who have developed bullet proof devices. Of course you are opposed. Making people safe doesn’t fit your agenda. You only like to use that excuse to implement more gun laws. Let’s face it. You don’t like guns. In your mind they’re icky. .

Hey I graduated from Edinboro University! I always carried anyways (except for the frat parties - you never knew if things would get interesting with members of the opposite kind and concealed things could suddenly find themselves becoming unconcealed!). Otherwise on campus, concealed means concealed!

Back
Top Bottom