• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

5 Police Officers Shot and 2 Suspects Killed

The gun was stolen from NC shocking info there. A criminal with a stolen gun? That is almost unheard right? That and the fact a news station let that slip out that it was stolen, it was a dressed up 870 looked like it was setup for home or 3 gun matches.

One of the news cast in NJ has the news guy say at the end "This gun is so powerful guides in Africa carry it on rihno hunts and it will take down a rihno in one shot". WHAT A JOKE!!

Funny how 90% of police departments issue the 870 as there shotgun, so in NJ does that mean all the police are out hunting men? I think not but it just go's to show another anti-gun chief talking out his butt!

Regardless of whether or not the chief is an Anti, Hoplophobe, or was just flustered at the time doesn't change the fact that these 5 officers were doing the job that we all want cops to do: Trying to arrest a criminal who was clearly a dangerous person. They were not handing out traffic tickets, feeling like they are your moral superior, or just busting the general public's balls. They were attempting to protect the people in their city from someone who they believed to be a dangerous criminal (and it seems now they were right).

I hope to God these guys survive so I can tell my family members on the Jersey City PD to thank them.

Regardless of whether or not the chief is an Anti, Hoplophobe, or was just flustered at the time doesn't change the fact that these 5 officers were doing the job that we all want cops to do: Trying to arrest a criminal who was clearly a dangerous person. They were not handing out traffic tickets, feeling like they are your moral superior, or just busting the general public's balls. They were attempting to protect the people in their city from someone who they believed to be a dangerous criminal (and it seems now they were right).

I hope to God these guys survive so I can tell my family members on the Jersey City PD to thank them.

I think it can be reasonably assumed that everyone here thinks it's a bad thing that cops got shot.

I think it can be reasonably assumed that everyone here thinks it's a bad thing that cops got shot.

Yes. We may be nitpicking the gun stuff, but this is a gun forum, not a cop forum. I'm very sad for those officers and their families, and I hope they pull through and the guys that opened fire on them rot in hell.

I don't mean to demean this incident by focusing on the chiefs remarks.

Certainly it's a bad thing that cops got shot. It's a bad thing when ANYONE not a criminal gets shot. Done. Let's put that to bed.

What I still find to be bullsh@t (and I don't buy the "flustered" line of defense) is this notion that this is a killing tool that shouldn't be in the hands of civilians but it's a "tactical tool" that's perfectly safe in the hands of the "only ones."

It's a shot gun. That's all. Nothing more, nothing less. It's no more safe in the hands of any given cop, than it is in the hands of any given lawful owner.

Back
Top Bottom