5 things you didn't know: AK-47

That article ends really negatively. I feel that the gun is an ingenious design and can be used for both good or bad. It's all about who is holding it.

It doesn't just end negatively, it's negative, period. Apparently the same as the author's book on the topic. I thought this customer review from the Amazon page of the author's book was interesting, and I bet spon-on accurate:

A must pass for the American gun enthusiast, July 12, 2008
By Tyler Durden (Indiana, USA) - See all my reviews

I've never bothered to review anything before but I found this book so bad that I decided I would take the time to warn others. While the beginning of the book is quite interesting in regards to the creation of the AK-47, the rest of the book devolves into overly detailed accounts of improbable stories that treat the AK as though it had a will of it's own. The author veers wildly from an almost drooling admiration of the weapon to condemning its creation as the match that burned down the world. Oversimplification abounds in this book... and while I agree with the author's criticism of US foreign policy over the last several decades, I take great insult over his depiction of the average American gun owner as a fat, beer swilling redneck who should not be allowed to own an assault rifle. The one thing people on either side of the gun ownership fence should be able to agree upon is that neither of the words 'hunting' or 'sporting' are found in the 2nd amendment to the US Constitution... but that's another topic for another time.

http://www.amazon.com/Ak-47-Story-Peples-Michael-Hodges/dp/1596922869

I love askmen.com and don't know how I missed that article. Anyway, it is not the best article for people who aren't actually educated on the gun or guns in general.

How about this quote ending the article ...

Ironically, the Columbine killers did not use AK-47s, but it doesn’t matter; in America gun crime is now perceived as AK crime.

I think the author published this one too soon.. If he had waited another week. he could have added the newest factoid du jour:

#6 capable of shooting through 2 school buses from 250 yards away!

Does the Brady campain now own a publishing company??

I always thought the rifle behind Bin Laden's videos was an AKS-74U (shorty) and not an AK47 full sized rifle?

It always looked like a Krinkov to me as well.. I guess from the article, we are to gather this was actually a US made and supplied gun? Maybe from Arsenal inc??

Ironically, the Columbine killers did not use AK-47s, but it doesn’t matter; in America gun crime is now perceived as AK crime.

Mr. Hodges, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Mr. Hodges, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

hahahaha. Great line. Expected based on your s/n. haha

Back
Top Bottom