• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

50% off ammo sale

I was at the new Dick's spoting store in Dedham yesterday and was the only one there. I bought 200 38's 200 357's and 500 federal 22lr's.

The 2 guys behind the counter were pretty nice and started talking to me and as I leaving SAID, Come back Sunday all Remington and another brand of ammo are 50 percent off!!!

I think it's because it's their grand opening..

Cool, looks like a short road trip on Sunday. . . after our swap meet at BR&P. Please leave some ammo for those of us arriving in mid-afternoon? Thanks.

Good luck

Yeah, right. The Dick's here in Nattleboro had a big sale a few
weeks ago. No #9 12ga. left at all. As I was leaving, dejected, I saw
a guy with 2 carriages FULL of cases of shells, along with a
store helper, filling the back of his pickup. Wonder where all
the best deals went...[thinking]

firtree, probably to some gun clubs. The manager at Dick's No. Attleboro once told me that gun clubs used to wipe them out on sales of birds, etc.

Wierd, the dickssportinggoods.com website crashes my Firefox browser every time I try going there.

FWIW .......... Dicks has a "Club Buying Program" if you are purchasing merchandise totaling over $600 the will give you 10% off. There is a link on the web site that gives you the phone number to call.

A buddy of mine out of Plymouth uses this deal to buy all the Shot shells and birds for their trap and skeet.

I would probably do the same thing too, but extending a huge discount
price to people buying for institutions defeats the entire purpose of a
promo sale. It's much like Bass Pro Shops which is known for running out
of the promo items within *minutes* of opening, so no one around really
gives a damn about their big sales. Most big places stick a 2 case limit
on major sale items to keep them around longer.

F

Was at the Dicks in Brockton today. According to the guys behind the counter, they expect some real crazy deals for Sunday BUT, the deals will be at the Dedham location ONLY

I just got off the phone with LenS who didn't have time to post this so here's his report from his visit to the new Dick's in Dedham.

Remington UMC ammo: buy 10 boxes, pay for the 5 most expensive. Len was told "We have 2 times more ammo in the back room than we have out on the floor".
"Lots of shotguns at significantly discounted prices".
He saw a gun safe rated for 1400 degrees normally around $800, on sale for 4 or $500.
He also said that there were many other items at very good prices and they have a large stock of black powder stuff.
Sale runs from Oct 1-7.
Unknown if rainchecks will be issued.

I need to get more 45acp. I just had Dave Santurri do a trigger job on my 5" 1911, and I just got the 1911pd commander, Between the 2 guns I put 500 rounds thru this week. I really need to start reloading

Walk .... Do Not Run ..... To Dicks

BUYER BEWARE [crying]

THE DEAL IS NOT WHAT WE THOUGHT IT TO BE. [angry]

BUY ONE BOX AT REGULAR PRICE .......... GET A BOX 50% OFF , LIMIT OF 10 BOXES PER CUSTOMER [shocked]

THERE IS A SMALL UPSIDE ....... APPARENTLY THEY PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE EXCLUSIONS ON THE COUPON FROM THE SUNDAY PAPER. (coupons always exclude guns and ammo)

I GOT AN EXTRA $10 BUCKS OFF MY PURCHASE. [grin]

Second that! I wasted a trip to Dedham and didn't even see the flyer until I was at the counter, much less the coupon! No extra $10 for me.

It is buy one, get a SECOND at 50% off; i.e., a 25% discount off 100 rounds. This made 100 rounds of 9mm $13.50 or about what WWB goes for at Wal-Mart (I think, as I almost never buy anything from WM except auto supplies).

Morover, Dicks (quite rightly) put a 10-box cap on purchases, so you didn't have 3 or 4 people showing up at 10 am (as I did) filling shopping carts (which I brought in with me) to clean out the shelves. That's 10 boxes TOTAL; not 10 at the regular price and 10 at the discount.

Of course, if there's other stuff you want there or at a store in the area, it might be worth the trip. It wasn't for me.

Last edited:
I made the same trip, didn't see the flyer either. Still a 25% discount is still not bad, I like the UMC ammo for practice. Plus I got took of those folding arm chairs for 10 bucks.

I picked up some ammo, and some cleaning supplies that I was in need of, the extra $10 off coupon made it even a better deal. They had quite a selection of accessories and cleaning supplies. I also heck out the fishing section that was one of the largest around. Oh and a free t shirt and some tasty popcorn.

BUYER BEWARE [crying]

THE DEAL IS NOT WHAT WE THOUGHT IT TO BE. [angry]

BUY ONE BOX AT REGULAR PRICE .......... GET A BOX 50% OFF , LIMIT OF 10 BOXES PER CUSTOMER [shocked]

THERE IS A SMALL UPSIDE ....... APPARENTLY THEY PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE EXCLUSIONS ON THE COUPON FROM THE SUNDAY PAPER. (coupons always exclude guns and ammo)

I GOT AN EXTRA $10 BUCKS OFF MY PURCHASE. [grin]
Buyer beware- watch your slips! They aren't ringing in correctly, Greg and I both paid full price. We both looked at our slips and saw it. Icyclefar has it right, it's buy one, get 50% off the second, but the cashier needs to ring it in correctly. And yes, they don't read the coupon, so you can probably get the $10 off, too. Because of their ringing error, they had to credit us and rering us - in the end they paid dearly for their mistake [laugh] They rerang in our direction the second time - and I didn't correct them! [wink] Usually I'm honest to a fault, but we drove miles for this, and got halfway home before I noticed. I wasn't about to go back again.

Morover, Dicks (quite rightly) put a 10-box cap on purchases, so you didn't have 3 or 4 people showing up at 10 am (as I did) filling shopping carts (which I brought in with me) to clean out the shelves. That's 10 boxes TOTAL; not 10 at the regular price and 10 at the discount.
Scriv, we missed you, we were there at 9. Since there were two of us, we were able to purchase 20 boxes, because of their ringing error, we made out like a bandid on the 45's!

Last edited:
I posted the orginal notice about the sale. When I was there Thrusday the lodge manager and his boss both told me that it was 50% off all ammo with no limit.

I posted the orginal notice about the sale. When I was there Thrusday the lodge manager and his boss both told me that it was 50% off all ammo with no limit.
I don't find it hard to believe they misinformed you after all the screw ups I saw them perform today. I wasn't impressed with most of their prices and limited selection. We did manage to buy 1000 rounds of ammo at a better than advertised price.[smile] [smile] The archery section although small had some great prices. I'll go back there again only if I need ammo and Four Seasons is closed.

Last edited:
I need to get more 45acp. I just had Dave Santurri do a trigger job on my 5" 1911, and I just got the 1911pd commander, Between the 2 guns I put 500 rounds thru this week. I really need to start reloading
You'd be surprised how much you can save once you start reloading. Start saving you brass now. Even if you never reload you can sell it to someone like me.[wink]

I was disappointed also , because I expected half price.

Strangely, they rung me up for 50% on everything I bought.
I thought it seemed like a good price but I wasn't paying attention and was thinking of other things (had to get kids, get dog back from his castration (!)), but when I got home I saw they had just charged half price on all ammo. Wish I had bought some more now, just got a case of shotgun shells, four boxes of 38 special, and two of 357 magnum :-(

I was disappointed also , because I expected half price.

Strangely, they rung me up for 50% on everything I bought.
I thought it seemed like a good price but I wasn't paying attention and was thinking of other things (had to get kids, get dog back from his castration (!)), but when I got home I saw they had just charged half price on all ammo. Wish I had bought some more now, just got a case of shotgun shells, four boxes of 38 special, and two of 357 magnum :-(
Were you there when they first opened up? If you were my wife Ann and I were the people the kid helped after you.

Were you there when they first opened up? If you were my wife Ann and I were the people the kid helped after you.

Oh yes, I was. Nice to meet you!
Hey, if you want to know about mail order places I mentioned, send me a PM..

Back
Top Bottom