50's Decade Retro Mod Colt

Greg Derr

Gun Smith
Dealer
NES Member
This is the first of 11 commissioned builds which will be a four year commitment for me. Each decade of the Colt 1911 will be represented with a build in the predominant style of the era using a period base gun. This is the 1950's. Bullseye was king back then, this has been fit with a High Standard rear sight which I serrated and a Partridge ramped front sight. The barrel is Colt which has been welded up and refit. The bushing is an original old stock Micro. The stippling was hand done over a few days. The hammer is a narrow Colt from the period. Grips are Herrett. The sear and disco are new bar stock. Each gun will get a wooden case. I had a lot of help sourcing some old parts from around the country. The idea is to keep faithful to the period but better fit and finish. We have some advantages today in our selection of parts like oversized ejectors, extractors, triggers etc. which make tightening up gaps much easier. Enjoy.

iyV6EK0.jpg

Gq5kAb5.jpg

lxiPSYq.jpg

6J56G15.jpg

damn, that stippling is gorgeous. that stuff either comes out perfect the first time or looks like crap. great job. i remember the old time bullseye shooters taking these type of pistols out of their pachmayer shooting boxes back in the day to compete in the 50 yd out door matches. those guns could shoot if the shooter did their part.

Beautiful work. I still have an old box of that Peters Cartridges, but in .38. Was my fathers and the rounds still look perfect.

Back
Top Bottom