• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

6-year-old trick-or-treater assaulted by man carrying loaded gun, police say

So the gun really had nothing to do with the incident.. .. It was just concealed on him.

And if a child decides to run into your house, what is the proper procedure here? I can't pick him up and carry him back out?

So the gun really had nothing to do with the incident.. .. It was just concealed on him.

And if a child decides to run into your house, what is the proper procedure here? I can't pick him up and carry him back out?

In his own home no less, and later when the police arrived, after the father went back to talk with him. Article makes it sound like he only blocked him from entering the house as well.

Without knowing anything about the situation, here's how I imagine they looked trick or treating...

"Dat man hurt my bay-bee"

worst-parents-pregnant-smoking.jpg

Step 1 - The boy said the man pushed him, knocked off his hat, pulled his hair and pinched him, according to the police report. The boy also said the man kept calling him a "spoiled brat."

Step 2 - The boy’s father said he went to the residence to speak with the homeowner, but the man was hostile, police said. The man allegedly threatened violence against the boy’s father.

Step 3 - Police went to the home, where they found Richard Lawlor.

Step 4 - At one point, officers asked Lawlor to remove his hands from his pockets. Police said Lawlor said he was carrying a firearm in small of his back.

So just trying to list the chronology of events. Seems to me the police only know that Lawler was carrying a firearm when they got there. We can only speculate that he was carrying during the confrontation with the boy. So unless Lawler said something there is ZERO evidence the guy was carrying when the boy or the boy's father went to Lawler's house.

So then why is the headline "6-year-old trick-or-treater assaulted by man carrying loaded gun, police say."?

They can say it but it is a lie. They have no idea.

Based on what seems to have transpired, by the news narrative, I'm going to go with:

Yes, even jackasses carry guns.
If a reasonable, rational, semi-intelligent human being was put in this situation it is safe to say they could easily out-wit the cops and get out of this situation.
The fact that this guy was cuffed and stuffed for something this stupid is pretty telling.
<flame suit on>

So if carrying in the front of your pants is Mexican carry, what's carrying in the back of your pants with no holster? Gangsta carry?

Halloween night is one of the times I home carry, since our door is open and storm door unlocked, and there could be weirdos about. It's one of the few events where you can actually protect kids (not school zone).

Apparently, you stand back and let the kid do what he wants since they are untouchable.

"We informed Richard that this child was only 6 years old. Richard still didn’t seem to think he did anything wrong by putting his hands on the child," the police report stated.

off topic but I remember when I bought my house 10 years ago and gutted it...when the sheetrock time came and the Irish plasterers finished and left I had my door open letting air into the house for the plaster to dry quicker.....I was throwing stuff in the dumpster and out of the corner of my eye saw the neighborhood brat dart into my house( he was 5) I ran in and caught him running down the hall with his hands on each side of walls and digging into the fresh plaster and laughing.....I saw red and grabbed the kid by his belt and back of his shirt and carried him down the hall while he kicked me repeatedly and screamed like I was murdering him......he almost went into the dumpster [rofl][devil2] but I refrained. I had to have the plasterer come back and touch up some spots...looking back I can laugh at it

Officers said they could smell alcohol, and Lawlor said he had two glasses of wine in the afternoon, according to the police report.

No charge for gunning under the influence??

I’m glad I expect so little from most media outlets. That way, I’m not disappointed.

Ridiculously written article on a topic that’s not even newsworthy. Though the homeowner seems to be kind of a moron, too. But that's no reason to gank his license.

So much fail.

Never admit anything to a police officer. Unless you're lost and need directions.
Don’t do that either.

Got chewed out for 3 minutes for having an open map on the passenger seat ,after stopping a detail cop for directions.

And at the end of the rant I asked so ok , where is this street?
He told me to f###k off. [laugh]

I’m glad I expect so little from most media outlets. That way, I’m not disappointed.

Ridiculously written article on a topic that’s not even newsworthy. Though the homeowner seems to be kind of a moron, too. But that's no reason to gank his license.

So much fail.

+1 for use of "gank".

This event is a foreshadowing of the upcoming confrontation on our southern border. The kid represents those in the caravan heading north through Mexico. The guy represents US forces whose job it is to stop them. Yes, the our forces will be armed but I imagine the rules of engagement will say don't shoot.

And the cops will the be the press and liberals who's single job it is to crucify anything and anyone who lays a finger on a border jumper.

The end.

Back
Top Bottom