• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

7/20 and fugitives from justice

http://www.lectlaw.com/def/f062.htm
FUGITIVE FROM JUSTICE
One who, having committed a crime within a jurisdiction, goes into another in order to evade the law and avoid its punishment.

ATF form 4473:
d. Are you a fugitive from justice?

Healey claims anyone who owned an AR in MA since 1998 has committed a felony. She made statements about pre-7/20 "immunity," but does not have the power to prevent local DAs or future AGs from prosecuting based on her guidance.

If an AR owner in MA gets scared about potential prosecution and relocates to another state, does that make him a fugitive from justice and therefore a federally prohibited person?

http://www.lectlaw.com/def/f062.htm

ATF form 4473:

Healey claims anyone who owned an AR in MA since 1998 has committed a felony. She made statements about pre-7/20 "immunity," but does not have the power to prevent local DAs or future AGs from prosecuting based on her guidance.

If an AR owner in MA gets scared about potential prosecution and relocates to another state, does that make him a fugitive from justice and therefore a federally prohibited person?

I always thought that term basically applied to people who had an indictment or a warrant out on them that were intentionally evading
authorities. If you read further into it it basically implies that a person has to be formally charged with something in order for this to apply.

Not to mention that Healy is wrong and full of shit, so the whole thing is kind of a nullity. [rofl]

-Mike

Does she? I wasn't aware that AG's prosecuted cases.

They can, and in this case there's no way in hell a DA (not even a typically MA liberal one) that has a brain is going to bring a case based on her bullshit, so she would have to be the one pushing it.

-Mike

She's scared the dealers enough to stop selling post 7-20. I can only assume she would prosecute them along with the buyer.

She's not likely to prosecute anyone, because that automatically makes her BS more vulnerable because of the rights afforded to criminal
defendants. This is a dog and pony show/political grandstanding put up job. The dealers are really only afraid because even a sham prosecution is likely to destroy their business in the process, and they will have little to no recourse. (the cost of attorney plus cost of lost business while your business is shut down for the case to take forever to work through the courts is gigantic... )

-Mike

Last edited:
She's not likely to prosecute anyone, because that automatically makes her BS more vulnerable because of the rights afforded to criminal
defendants. This is a dog and pony show/political grandstanding put up job. The dealers are really only afraid because even a sham prosecution is likely to destroy their business in the process, and they will have little to no recourse. (the cost of attorney plus cost of lost business while your business is shut down for the case to take forever to work through the courts is gigantic... )

-Mike
Correct, that's why the NRA and NSSF have filed the lawsuits I believe. No dealer wants to be the crash test dummy for Healey's reign of terror.

It was to get her name in the headlines before the election.. so when Hillary got elected she could try to get a FED position. Hillary got blown out, but it will hang around because we accepted it. Now its gonna take years and years to get rid of, if at all.

It never had teeth, it never will. If every FFL in MA started selling ARs she wouldn't do shit about it besides write more letters.

Correct, that's why the NRA and NSSF have filed the lawsuits I believe. No dealer wants to be the crash test dummy for Healey's reign of terror.

I do hope however that if/when this gets found unconstitutional they gang up a file a lawsuit against this state that will make the history books.
Damages , lost revenue, mental anguish, and any other thing that they can think of.

I do hope however that if/when this gets found unconstitutional they gang up a file a lawsuit against this state that will make the history books.
Damages , lost revenue, mental anguish, and any other thing that they can think of.

Best case scenario in fed court is if they get money for damages for legal fees, I doubt it will go beyond that unfortunately. It's not like these douchebags that pull this stuff get held responsible anyways, because it ends up being money that isnt theirs that they have to pay out. In a perfect world the victims should be able to put her in prison and hold her personally responsible.

-Mike

That's her opinion.

Healey is full of s**t ! No one will ever be prosecuted ! Since 1998 these weapons were sold in Massachusetts with the full knowledge of the AG office, and yes, they were even taxed. The only criminal act I can see was committed by the state. I wonder how many of those tax dollars went into the pockets of corrupt democrats ? First you allow law abiding citizens to purchase these so called illegal weapons, then you make them pay a tax. It's true, someone should be prosecuted, only it's Healey, Coakley and, what was that ass***** name, Riley.

Last edited:
Healey is full of s**t ! No one will ever be prosecuted ! Since 1998 these weapons were sold in Massachusetts with the full knowledge of the AG office, and yes, they were even taxed. The only criminal act I can see was committed by the state. I wonder how many of those tax dollars went into the pockets of corrupt democrats ? First you allow law abiding citizens to purchase these so called illegal weapons, then you make them pay a tax. It's true, someone should be prosecuted, only it's Healey, Coakley and, what was that ass***** name, Riley.

Don't forget Scott Harshbarger, the original AG that peddled this $hit.

Back
Top Bottom