• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

7.62x39 ammo, just for the hell of it...

Nice. You sure that’s non-corrosive? I thought that Yugo M67 ammo was corrosive no?
@jpm

Yugo M67 is 100% corrosive but this may be like the 8mm I picked up from a company in CA. They take the original stuff and repackage it in new brass (or steel in the case of the 8mm) with non-corrosive primers. Looks like these guys may be doing the same. That would explain the English label on the boxes.

Yugo M67 is 100% corrosive but this may be like the 8mm I picked up from a company in CA. They take the original stuff and repackage it in new brass (or steel in the case of the 8mm) with non-corrosive primers. Looks like these guys may be doing the same. That would explain the English label on the boxes.
English label is google translate photo😁

I tricked you.

Related: Found this recent video. Some info on different brands of Brass 7.62x39...

I just had what I assume to be an overcharged round from Tula/Wolf. Thought I broke the extractor on my BCA bolt but no the case was just really stuck in the chamber.

Check out that flattened primer 😂
Case on the left if you couldn’t tell…
C0B7C209-BA6A-45E9-BD83-28CF62ACAE50.jpeg E7F7710B-9C0A-4341-8AC8-9A63BE1C9312.jpeg
did have one case split too out of the 100 rounds I shot today. I get some occasional splits but this was the first case I had stick in the chamber.
A7DB720D-AE71-40F3-90A1-B5A6C0F58F1C.jpeg

Anyway, no big deal of course but interesting to run into this when you blow through a lot of x39.

I just had what I assume to be an overcharged round from Tula/Wolf. Thought I broke the extractor on my BCA bolt but no the case was just really stuck in the chamber.

Check out that flattened primer 😂
Case on the left if you couldn’t tell…
View attachment 553532View attachment 553533
did have one case split too out of the 100 rounds I shot today. I get some occasional splits but this was the first case I had stick in the chamber.
View attachment 553534

Anyway, no big deal of course but interesting to run into this when you blow through a lot of x39.
o That sucks. Man ive really shot through thousands of tula and never had an issue. I guess i should count myself lucky. You didn't happen to get a lot number for that ammo did you?

o That sucks. Man ive really shot through thousands of tula and never had an issue. I guess i should count myself lucky. You didn't happen to get a lot number for that ammo did you?
Wasn't too bad. Just tapped it a couple times with a cleaning rod. Not bad for having shot thousands of wolf/tula in both my AR and AK.

I had this ammo dumped in a ziploc bag. I have no idea if it was Wolf or Tula (both have Tula headstamp). This is either the ammo I got from Natchez last year or the ammo I got after cleaning out the walmarts during their fire sale - I think it was like 15 cpr or something absurdly cheap.

I'm not too worried. If this was happening every other mag I'd be concerned/pissed.

Here's some good information to pass along. This is from Black Rifle Arms where I bought the replacement S5 tool steel extractors. They emailed me after I told them I had a BCA upper with 1200+ rounds etc.
1640651821795.png

I wonder if the lacquer or primer/bullet sealant causes for "stickier" extraction than Tula/Wolf ammo? Though he's saying Tula and Red Army are hard on the bolts. Does Red Army make a lacquered x39 round? I think the few boxes I had, was just like the poly coated wolf or tula?

Speaking of stress on x39 bolts/extractors. That new Republic ammo is 2543 fps! which is roughly 200 fps faster than tula or wolf. That's probably not helping my bolt either[laugh]
Plus add in that it has a lacquer on the case....

I wonder if the lacquer or primer/bullet sealant causes for "stickier" extraction than Tula/Wolf ammo? Though he's saying Tula and Red Army are hard on the bolts. Does Red Army make a lacquered x39 round? I think the few boxes I had, was just like the poly coated wolf or tula?

Lacquer, not Poly...
The Red Box ammunition introduced cartridges that are made to the same specifications as the Russian style military surplus with lacquer-coated steel cases. ... The ammunition is Russian-manufactured polymer steel cased non-corrosive made similarly to the Red Box line.

I wish I had stacked golden tiger a bit deeper, lol. I'm running low.
I'm wondering if I might have more issues with GT than Tula in my AR due to the lacquer and bullet sealant...

Though if I need to replace the extractor every couple thousand rounds, it's short money. I just need to keep an eye on the bolt/lugs/gas rings etc. Probably wouldn't hurt to have a spare bolt.

I got a bunch of GT x39. If you ever find your way in the Wilmington or Gloucester area I'd happily sell you a case for what it would cost me to replace it with Tula/Wolf from TSUSA. That would be $372.

Back
Top Bottom