• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

7.62x39 ammo, just for the hell of it...

My project is going to be making subsonic cast loads to go with my suppressors. I know that’s right up your alley!
I am not involved with anything suppressed. Isn't cast less than desirable in suppressors?

How about 205gr JSWCs in the x39mm?

Attachments

• x39mm200gr.jpg
    x39mm200gr.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 5
I am not involved with anything suppressed. Isn't cast less than desirable in suppressors?

How about 205gr JSWCs in the x39mm?
That would do it!

And you’re correct WRT cast in suppressors, but it’s not typically a problem if you coat the boolits. I have about 4 life time supplies of HiTek (made/marketed/sold by Jerry michuleks brother) and will weigh my cans regularly...if they start gaining weight, I’ll know I need to cease shooting cast and will switch to copper jacketed/plated only.

That would do it!

And you’re correct WRT cast in suppressors, but it’s not typically a problem if you coat the boolits. I have about 4 life time supplies of HiTek (made/marketed/sold by Jerry michuleks brother) and will weigh my cans regularly...if they start gaining weight, I’ll know I need to cease shooting cast and will switch to copper jacketed/plated only.
Sounds like a plan. Enjoy!

There’s another vendor who ships to MA who’s got Vympel factory made 7.62x39 which is the same as Golden Tiger - just being imported under a new name I guess. $346 per 1k shipped. Also has 1k round cases of Vympel 223 for $346 shipped.
PM if interested.

There’s another vendor who ships to MA who’s got Vympel factory made 7.62x39 which is the same as Golden Tiger - just being imported under a new name I guess. $346 per 1k shipped. Also has 1k round cases of Vympel 223 for $346 shipped.
PM if interested.
Down to $339 shipped for x39. $340 for the 223

Same price per round if buying 20 round boxes. I ordered 200 of each to try out. Only $20 shipping.

FWIW, if you pay by check to the company referred to in post #139, your items are reserved for you until your payment arrives. A later CC order does not over rule your "pay by check" order, so "don't panic". It delays your order, but you avoid the risk of bogus DC/CC charges. I don't imagine they will hold your order awaiting for your payment for months, of course.

FWIW, if you pay by check to the company referred to in post #139, your items are reserved for you until your payment arrives. A later CC order does not over rule your "pay by check" order, so "don't panic". It delays your order, but you avoid the risk of bogus DC/CC charges. I don't imagine they will hold your order awaiting for your payment for months, of course.
I like the protection with CC. No way I’d use cash or check nowadays. If my CC gets compromised I dispute charge and they send me new CC. Done.

The company with pulled bullets also has PPU M67 (boxer) for 43¢ per round (840 count) TYD.

MFG: Prvi Partizan Caliber: 7.62x39mm Bullet Weight: 123gr Bullet Style: FMJ (Full Metal Jacket) Casing: New Brass Case, Boxer Primed, Non Corrosive, Non Magnetic​

In Stock
$359.99
This all showed up today in good shape. Double boxed and all accounted for.

I checked my credit card for suspicious activity and nothing out of the ordinary at all.

Damn good deal and I’m happy I bought it. This is the last ammo I’m buying until I move. I’m already having anxiety about having to move all the shit I bought since I moved to a free state. This is going to SUCK!

I now have 3460 rounds of PPU and 250 new PPU brass...plus about 1000 other brass cases (500 of which are the R-P small primer stuff) and some miscellaneous brass cased complete ammo. I’m all set for a while of 7.62x39 reloading.

Thanks again for posting this @NavelOfficer

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    364.5 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
This all showed up today in good shape. Double boxed and all accounted for.

I checked my credit card for suspicious activity and nothing out of the ordinary at all.

Damn good deal and I’m happy I bought it. This is the last ammo I’m buying until I move. I’m already having anxiety about having to move all the shit I bought since I moved to a free state. This is going to SUCK!

I now have 3460 rounds of PPU and 250 new PPU brass...plus about 1000 other brass cases (500 of which are the R-P small primer stuff) and some miscellaneous brass cased complete ammo. I’m all set for a while of 7.62x39 reloading.

Thanks again for posting this @NavelOfficer
Damn you got 2 cases?! Very nice! Seems like quality ammo. This is like filet mignon for my AR and AK 😂

Damn you got 2 cases?! Very nice! Seems like quality ammo. This is like filet mignon for my AR and AK 😂
I had two cases from early wuflu and have been kicking myself for the past two years that I didn’t buy more when I could because I had everything I needed to reload the caliber. Literally hadn’t even seen a single box of PPU 7.62x39 since then...let alone multiple cases!

But yeah...like I said, and this is for real...no more guns or ammo until after I move. I’m already contemplating cutting into my 401k so I can bid on a house going up for auction in KY. Had I been more frugal this year, that probably wouldn’t be necessary.

The PPU will most likely get fed through my CZ Bren 2ms 9” pistol...I finally got it shooting well, and it only cost me $2500, plus the $900 for the Wolverine suppressor, lol. Man I am sick in the head.

And now, you'll have to track down and recover all of that good brass!
I will say that's one reason I've been holding off on shooting that ammo[laugh]
Especially with all of this snow on the ground and being wet and muddy now.

I wish I could attach a brass catcher to my x39 AR upper but it's a side charger so I can't use one of those standard AR brass catcher net things.

I'll shoot it in the spring/summer I guess. Or just hold onto it for now and focus on shooting my steel cased ammo.

My AR39 is dead accurate at 50 yds with plain wolf steel. I'm wondering if I should step it up to brass for 100+ yd benching when the weather warms up. I have some remington brass, but this PPU and S&B stuff looks much tastier.

My AR39 is dead accurate at 50 yds with plain wolf steel. I'm wondering if I should step it up to brass for 100+ yd benching when the weather warms up. I have some remington brass, but this PPU and S&B stuff looks much tastier.
Mine is plenty accurate too. I only bought the ammo because the price was good for brass cased ammo but I wasn't planning on using it for benchrest shooting. I suppose it's worth a try just to see if there's a big difference in accuracy.

That would do it!

bare lead projectiles will create a disaster of lead buildup. The only solutions are 1) get user serviceable can, 2) clean with “the dip” (peroxide + acetic acid) or 3) avoid lead projectiles.

anyone who can afford tax stamps and NFA toys can afford jacketed projectiles.

why would steel cased ammo be less accurate than brass cased? the case isn’t what goes down the barrel.

bare lead projectiles will create a disaster of lead buildup. The only solutions are 1) get user serviceable can, 2) clean with “the dip” (peroxide + acetic acid) or 3) avoid lead projectiles.

anyone who can afford tax stamps and NFA toys can afford jacketed projectiles.
Did you see the entire section of my post on hitek?

Attention on deck! Now hear this...
You guys that now have plenty of boxer-primed 7.62x39mm brass, grab these SF frangible projectiles for your indoor steel shooting pleasure: I don't want to break the rules, so look at that website that is named after one of the mountain ranges over towards the other side of the country.
7.62X39 123 GR. SINTERFIRE LF FRANGIBLE BULLETS *NEW*
Count
250 - $50.00 (20¢ per bullet)
500 - $95.00 (19¢ per bullet)
1,000 - $174.00 (17.4¢ per bullet)

Yeah, just 5 rounds each or so...and only if it’s easy for you to do. I’m just wondering if you found the secret stash with that other company selling ‘basically GT’ under the name vympel.
Got some of that other Vympel made x39 today. There’s no doubt in my mind this is rebranded golden tiger.

“other” Vympel x39 on left. GT on right. Even the lot numbers/date format is almost the same. Same case headstamp same sealant same 124 gr bullet weight etc.
4A28308C-0BAE-42FA-B19E-C838D6BB3565.jpeg 91D42DA0-BC2B-43DF-8DC6-D31D7E0BE5A2.jpeg 1704A3ED-A440-431F-A7E6-EEF3BD98FD4F.jpeg

I guess the surprised face is because I said I wasn’t going to BUY anymore ammo until I have a house to live in...but it’s more like ‘trading’ if I take funds from something else, right?

I guess it probably doesn’t matter much...it’s all steel cased and not super accurate. I just want to try something different, and maybe keep some for long term storage. 75% of what I have in stock is plain steel cased and some of it’s already starting to get surface rust. I definitely need a viable longer term option to keep in my basement.

Got some of that other Vympel made x39 today. There’s no doubt in my mind this is rebranded golden tiger.

“other” Vympel x39 on left. GT on right. Even the lot numbers/date format is almost the same. Same case headstamp same sealant same 124 gr bullet weight etc.
100% Yes they are both Vympel plant manufactured mil spec 762 ammo branded under different importer names. Golden tiger is just a brand name, same stuff different packaging and maybe importer.

I might sell some of my red army locally and reallocate the funds into some of that stuff. I’ve never heard anything BAD about it!

The white box red army standard is primarily inexpensive, commercial spec tula plant manufactured ammo, The tula is good practice ammo but is loaded inconsistently, somewhat less accurate, and doesn't store as well long term.

if you were to stock up on something, SHTF use, long range or self defense... it ought to be the lacquered and sealed case/primer mil-spec sutff. Vympel (golden tiger, BVA, some MaxxTech essential steel, among other brandings) or Barnaul would be the go to. The vympel is very good quality stuff and is/was what militaries across the world use, made by a Russian defense ministry state operated plant:

Last edited by a moderator:
100% Yes they are both Vympel plant manufactured mil spec 762 ammo branded under different importer names. Golden tiger is just a brand name, same stuff different packaging and maybe importer.

The white box red army standard is primarily inexpensive, commercial spec tula plant manufactured ammo, The tula is good practice ammo but is loaded inconsistently, somewhat less accurate, and doesn't store as well long term.

if you were to stock up on something, SHTF use, long range or self defense... it ought to be the lacquered and sealed case/primer mil-spec sutff. Vympel (golden tiger, BVA, some MaxxTech essential steel, among other brandings) or Barnaul would be the go to. The vympel is very good quality stuff and is/was what militaries across the world use, made by a Russian defense ministry state operated plant:
Thanks. Can you just remove the link at the end of your post? I was trying to avoid posting vendor names who ship ammo to MA (aside from TSUSA)

Back
Top Bottom