7.62x54r

Anyone know where I can pick some of this stuff up for a reasonable price? Everywhere I look it's either overpriced or just unavailable. Ideally I would like to pick up a spam can of milsurp ammo, possibly 2 for the right price.

Thanks

-Paul

Callaghan's in Marlborough had some for a good price a while back; something like $7 per 20 if I recall.

Nick. What part of Chicopee are you located. I'm in Chicopee also. Does the Ludlow F&G allow visitors?

Rules say no but my mentality is if you can't let someone come with you to check out the place then why would they join. You wouldn't buy a car without test driving it first. They have a nice indoor range that I use and I go to and I go to Springfield Sportsmans Club in Monson to shoot my rifles at the 100 and 300yd range.

Guns and Gear in Agawam always has some on hand...milsurp for a good price. I used to get it for my Mosin until I started reloading for 7.62x54R

Guns and Gear is great. If they don't have it, they will get it for you the next day. There pricing is usually better than on-line.

I called every place on the moon and every website. After shipping the best price I found was $90-95 if you have an out of state friend.

Anyone know where I can pick some of this stuff up for a reasonable price? Everywhere I look it's either overpriced or just unavailable. Ideally I would like to pick up a spam can of milsurp ammo, possibly 2 for the right price.

Thanks

-Paul

Paul, if you want to attempt to start a group by for 54R, it has a good chance of being successful and at a cheap price. I've initiated 2 in the past, looking for a person willing to run it and a person willing to have the ammo shipped too, and both times people were able to step up with the resources to fill those roles. I would suggest making a 54R group buy feeler thread in the members forum.

Paul, if you want to attempt to start a group by for 54R, it has a good chance of being successful and at a cheap price. I've initiated 2 in the past, looking for a person willing to run it and a person willing to have the ammo shipped too, and both times people were able to step up with the resources to fill those roles. I would suggest making a 54R group buy feeler thread in the members forum.

+1

That is an awesome idea, and I would love to be involved in a group buy. That being said, I'm taking over a full class load this semester plus a fulltime job. idk if I would have the time to coordinate such an action. I would be more than happy to participate in any way I could however. I will definitely pose the suggestion, hopefully someone who has a much less busy schedule could take up the reigns.

EDIT: Group buy thread is up if any interested parties wanna check it out. Hopefully someone can take the reigns and make it happen!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom