7.62x54r

Romanian is great stuff...I've never had an issue with any of it..bought one 700rnd case....went back a few weeks later and bought 2.5 more.

Few years ago.

What is the going rate in the south shore area for the 440 round tins. I have only been 2 places so far. 125 and 139. Looked to be the same stuff?

any sources in south shore that have ammo in stock? 762x54r for better price than above?

ok I just went back to 1 store its been about 13days up to 149.00/440rnds
called the 125.00 guy.............sold out non in any time soon.
OK where else.

I know its in western MA, but Bron's in Sturbridge just went from $100 to $130 per 440 round can. He's got plenty in stock.

I got the last one at $100[smile]

only place I have seen 7.62x54r for less than 100.00 is online and no ship to mass. shipping would cancel out any saveings anyway.

I went to another shop, 119.00 on the tin, brought it to the counter rang up 139.95 I asked about the posted price. "thats my cost" I bailed out. allthough he had some 9x18 for 11.00 box I bought what he had. 6 boxes

They're both corrosive and probably the same when it comes to bullet weight etc. but is the Romanian laquer coated? If so I'd go with the Bulgarian.

Either way you should get a box of each and try them both. When you decide which one gives you the best results and works best in your rifle (rifles), buy it in bulk.

got an email century has small Qty opf Bulgarian - AM1403 - $87.87 per 440 rd case...looks like shipping is $12.95, over $500 ship is free.

Last edited:
Just got an email that my Mosin is on the way!

I'm looking to buy just reloadable brass. I don't like the idea of buying ammo that can't be reused. I see lots of the ads for berdan primed 7.62X54R. YUCK!

Anyone got any ideas on where to get just the brass????

Its amazing what I see people paying at shops for 7.62x54. Just not long ago I bought 2 wooden crates full of spam cans of Polish ammo for $29 a can. I think it was around $70 shipped for 2 cans.
Its cheap ammp and doesn't perform as good as some other surplus out there but hey, its reliable ammo and I've got a ton of it unoppened.[smile]

I found that Graf's has Privi 7.62X54R reloadable brass in stock. Bought 1000 pcs to see how that goes. I'll report back. I have plenty of primers, and lots of powder and bullets. Just have to find a set of dies. I'm guessing eBay.

Back
Top Bottom