• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

700 scope mount and rings

I'm getting ready to set up a rem 700 sps tact with a burris fullfield 2.
Any thoughts on mounts? One piece or two? standard or raised? How bout the rings low med or high.
Stock is factory, tube size is 1". Also looking for input on brands of mounts and rings.

I'm getting ready to set up a rem 700 sps tact with a burris fullfield 2.
Any thoughts on mounts? One piece or two? standard or raised? How bout the rings low med or high.
Stock is factory, tube size is 1". Also looking for input on brands of mounts and rings.

I have a 700PSS with a one piece standard mount, scope, and rings all made by Leupold.

I have always used and been around Leupold's for the most part, and I have had zero problems over the years.

Have a look, but don't touch....

700.jpg

this thread has a few Rmington's in it that can give you ideas.

I have had good luck with Weaver one-piece mounts and Warne low-mount rings w 44mm and smaller objective on my Savage and Remington.

I have a 700PSS with a one piece standard mount, scope, and rings all made by Leupold.

I have always used and been around Leupold's for the most part, and I have had zero problems over the years.

Same here except mine is the 700 LTR...I have the one piece Mark IV mount, Mark IV tactical rings and Mark IV scope...Always used Leupold and will continue to.

I've got a H-S Precision rifle in 30-06. It's got a 25 inch flutted barrel in a H-S stock with a model 700 action. My scope is a NIB Kahles Helia CL 3-9X42 with plex reticle.

As for the model 700 rings / mount, I'm looking for something that doesn't weigh alot like the Leupold MK 4 rings and mount. They are a great mount (built like a brick shithouse) but they do add weight and are geared towards the "Tac." rifle applications.
I'm looking a Conetrol, Dednutz, and Talley rings for my rifle.
smitty

I have 2 rifles with EGW one piece mounts on them. I like them, well made, no problems. I prefer (if weight isn't an issue) one piece Weaver/Picatinny type mounts. Lots of options for position and rings that way.

The last three times I've bought rings I went with Burris Signature Zee rings. I picked up an insert set as well. I haven't had any problems with them, but I haven't had them on for enough rounds to truly trust them yet either. Time will tell.

Can't help with ring height, I don't have any 700s to give you exact info. Midway has some help on that - look for 'Ring Height', 'Ring Height Comparison', and 'Rings and Bases Help Guide' under that link.

Same here except mine is the 700 LTR...I have the one piece Mark IV mount, Mark IV tactical rings and Mark IV scope...Always used Leupold and will continue to.

The only rings and bases better than Leupold Mark IVs are Nightforce, DD Ross, and LaRue.

If this rifle is for serious long range work, get a one piece MIL-STD-1913 base with a 20 MOA taper from any of the above suppliers. If it's just for plinking, anything will work.

I just mounted a scope on my new Savage 12FVSS, I found a 1 piece mount with rings
made by a company called Dednutz http://www.dednutz.com.
It is cut from a solid block, finished very nice, no rough spots or machine marks.
The medium was perfect for a 42mm 1" tube scope.
Taking it to the range Sun. Let you know how it works out.

I shoot a Howa 1500HB. Same bases as a 700. Action and bolt are beefier. Scope was been changed out to a 3-12x42mmAO from a 6-24x40mmAO. The Sightron scope is great. 2 piece Burris base and rings.
IM000232.jpg

Dednutz
JohnFH - I've been thinking that the Dednutz rings are the way for me to go. They are cheaper than the Conetrol rings/base (about $110) and look stronger than the Talley LW rings. Please, send me a PM / let me know how the Dednutz work out for you. Thanks,
smitty

Back
Top Bottom