73 year old beaten to death by teens; what would you do if packing

Anyone ruthlessly kicking the shit out of an old man deserves to be forcefully removed from the situation. You think after they have their $50 icecream cone they are going to repent? They are scum, you are naive.
still worth a shot

I've seen,possibly made people do things for less than 50, hypotheticaly

I guess you could say that their response would guide my next action. But I still stand by my initial attempt to de-escalate the situation.

Heck, now that I think about it, $50 is kind of a low ball number. Even $100 would be a great deal to save a man's life and not have to hire a lawyer to try and defend myself...

that is both an outside the box and positive way to approach it. I'm not sure the heathens would accept your offer though. I suspect they would be high on the rush of instilling fear in a person and regard you as an additional victim. Then you'd have to shoot them, and thus begin that whole nightmare scenario of the blueliners arriving 5 minutes late and landing on you like 5 tons of laws and regulations.

that is both an outside the box and positive way to approach it. I'm not sure the heathens would accept your offer though. I suspect they would be high on the rush of instilling fear in a person and regard you as an additional victim. Then you'd have to shoot them, and thus begin that whole nightmare scenario of the blueliners arriving 5 minutes late and landing on you like 5 tons of laws and regulations.
they almost certainly wouldn't accept,still worth a shot

Waste the perps John Wick style, throw in a combat roll and a hard block for the laughs. Pick up my brass and di di out of there before the PoPo shows up. 3AM? No one around to see you, but just in case make sure you have one of these handy in case someone happens to break out the phone camera...
1657685399619.png

$200k to pay for a defense attorney? Only if you get caught and leave enough evidence behind to trace it back to you. There is no rule of law any more...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIhwc6uX_uM

Last edited:
still worth a shot
It wouldn't be my particular approach, but yes, as I was already getting at in #13, this is definitely a situation you want to try to deescalate before reaching for a gun. Too many folks on this forum suffer from all-you-have-is-a-hammer syndrome in self-defense/defense-of-others situations. I recommend Rory Miller's book Scaling Force to break this mindset. Not every threat, not even every deadly threat, is a determined assassin who isn't going to stop until one of you is a puddle on the pavement.

It wouldn't be my particular approach, but yes, as I was already getting at in #13, this is definitely a situation you want to try to deescalate before reaching for a gun. Too many folks on this forum suffer from all-you-have-is-a-hammer syndrome in self-defense/defense-of-others situations. I recommend Rory Miller's book Scaling Force to break this mindset. Not every threat, not even every deadly threat, is a determined assassin who isn't going to stop until one of you is a puddle on the pavement.

All kidding aside, the old guy died. That's murder. The teenagers who perpetrated the attack are typical bullies, tough in a group and in an environment where they think they can't/won't get caught, but cowards if confronted with overwhelming force.

While I was tongue-in-cheek in my post above, I don't think I could walk away from a situation like this. If I did and found out the victim died and I might have been able to save, the guilt would be overwhelming to me. $200k for a legal defense would be nothing compared to being able to live with myself. Case in point, the cops from Uvalde who could have stopped the killing had they charged in risking their own lives, but instead held back. That isn't me. I'm not sure these rabid animals could be de-escalated without a serious show of force. I'm 48, out-of-shape with 2 bad knees. I could probably fight one for about 60 seconds before my heart exploded from the exertion. I couldn't fight multiple opponents without a weapon. Likely I'm pulling my carry pistol and yelling and when they turn towards me to attack (which they almost certainly will), I'm shooting. Whether that gets me arrested and charged or not is irrelevant to me. I know what I can do and what I can't and I know what needs to be done for me to live with myself.

To add to the discussion, how many here who said they wouldn't get involved would change their mind if it was a woman being attacked?

if it were me i would smoke them and not give a f*** being a senior citizen myself; what are they going to do to me ; jail. then they would have to pay for everything VIDEO: 73-Year-Old Man Dies After Group Of 7 Teens Brutally Attack Him In North Philadelphia

"...a group of seven juveniles between the ages of 13 years old and 17 years old. The suspects consist of four boys and three girls. "
73 is definitely in the "Too old to take a beating, too young to die" range, while 13 is old enough to PSGWSP

If it were me, I'd have a lawyer working on how to sue the little punks' families for pain, suffering, and the cost of ammo before they even achieved room temperature. Name the city as well (insufficient streetlights? Lack of curfew enforcement?) and maybe net sufficient settlement be able to afford a better neighborhood.

These "kids" seem to have become hopelessly rabid at some point in their existence. Time for the "Old Yeller" solution.

Likely I'm pulling my carry pistol and yelling and when they turn towards me to attack (which they almost certainly will), I'm shooting.
You might be right but I'd bet against it. When I watch that video, I don't see "rabid animals"; I think your "bullies" characterization is a lot closer to the mark. This group's intent was to harass and cause pain, not to kill. When they saw the guy wasn't getting up, they went from cheering to visibly freaked and ran away. Legally and morally, that doesn't matter much — it's still murder. But it does alter my assessment of how they're likely to respond to a show of force. I stand by my original proposed escalation path — get in their way, take away the cone, pepper spray any individual who retaliates, then go to the gun if I'm getting swarmed — as the right way to go. But I say this as someone who's young and reasonably fit and has the luxury of these options. Your approach is reasonable in light of your stated abilities.

The first thing you need to come to terms with is these are not kids in the way you think of human children.
The lefties who would want to throw you in the can for defending yourself against them will portray them as "Young children" , but they are not.
They are feral animals raised as animals and the resemblance is physical only.
They are the left's perfect soldiers.
It's taken a few generations to perfect them , but they are not this way by accident.
Destroy the family unit. Pay women to pop them out like puppy mills for a bigger monthly check and then leave them on the streets like stray dogs and this is what you get.
I wish the dehumanization would stop, and I don't mean this as some kind of woke nonsense. It's a shitty coping mechanism for people who either can't accept that people who commit great evil could have something in common with them, or can't accept the implications of what has to be done to combat that evil. The "just blow them away" internet tough guys are advocating blowing away a group of living, feeling young humans. Sometimes, blowing them away is the answer, but trying to pretend it's no big deal because they were just subhumans anyway is no way to keep yourself sane in the aftermath.

Kidding me? With kids 10 to 14 years old it would have been like an old Johnny Weissmuller "Tarzan" movie. Savages flying through the air landing on top of each other...
But then again I'm not out that late.

73 is definitely in the "Too old to take a beating, too young to die" range, while 13 is old enough to PSGWSP

If it were me, I'd have a lawyer working on how to sue the little punks' families for pain, suffering, and the cost of ammo before they even achieved room temperature. Name the city as well (insufficient streetlights? Lack of curfew enforcement?) and maybe net sufficient settlement be able to afford a better neighborhood.
Who are you going to sue ?
The un-named sperm donor or the brood sow who popped them out ?
Maybe you can can put a lien on her EBT card.

I wish the dehumanization would stop, and I don't mean this as some kind of woke nonsense. It's a shitty coping mechanism for people who either can't accept that people who commit great evil could have something in common with them, or can't accept the implications of what has to be done to combat that evil. The "just blow them away" internet tough guys are advocating blowing away a group of living, feeling young humans. Sometimes, blowing them away is the answer, but trying to pretend it's no big deal because they were just subhumans anyway is no way to keep yourself sane in the aftermath.
Haven't spent much time in the hood have you ?
Maybe a weekend in a cell with the likes of Charlie Manson or Jeffrey Dahmer if they were still alive would cure you of the notion that just because it walks upright and resembles a human that it is one. Assuming your not carried out under a sheet before Monday.

There is a former member here who lost and eye and almost his life because he hesitated to shoot the ten year old that had a pistol pointed at him during a drug raid.
Little f*cker didn't hesitate at all.
You are more than welcome to the romantic notion that everyone is really good inside ect. ect.
Gives me a chance to beat feet while they are killing you.

I wish the dehumanization would stop, and I don't mean this as some kind of woke nonsense.
It is woke nonsense. You probably have never had a gun pulled on you. Been surrounded by a dozen jackals with knives. Had a tire iron thrown randomly thru your car window while driving. Jumped by drunk jocks just because…

Live in your little safe space away from harm and hide behind I love everyone lawn signs while spouting off your self righteousness that is about as far from reality that one can get. And maybe your fantasy world will never be corrected…

Seriously?? You live under a rock?

View: https://youtu.be/Qw9oX-kZ_9k

Haven't spent much time in the hood have you ?
I have, in fact, lived there, and your silly simplistic model of criminal behavior makes me pretty sure you haven't. I have thwarted two mugging attempts; one was pathetic and deescalated verbally, the other I pulled my knife (I didn't own a gun at the time and couldn't have carried legally) and that likely saved my ass. I have been randomly sucker-punched while walking down the sidewalk. I have been on a subway car with a psychotic loudly announcing that he was going to kill everyone on it. I have seen, across the street through my apartment window, a liquor store robber empty a mag at the clerk. (When I checked in there the next day, I learned that he somehow managed, from a range of six feet, to miss every shot. Don't do crack.) Yet here I am, still alive and whole and telling you this.

Recognizing that even the worst criminals are still human and modeling them as such, with all the complexity that entails, does not require having sympathy for them and does not make you an easier victim. On the contrary, it is adaptive. It gives you the discretion to avoid escalating dangerous situations into more dangerous ones. Modeling every scary-looking person as a mindless rob-murder-rape automaton both causes you to live in unnecessary fear and gets you into fights that you could have avoided.

All of this would be even more true if these people were literally the "animals" you describe them as. I have broken up more dog fights than I can readily count, and only been bitten once and it was no big deal. I have also not broken up a lot of dog fights that I knew I wouldn't be able to, because again, behavior-modeling and discretion. Dogs are a lot more predictable than humans because they lack the capacity for deception.

Back
Top Bottom