• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

77% of 18-24 yr old Americans Unfit for Military Service

SFC13557

NES Member
According to headline/story in this week's Epoch Times. The story is behind a paywall but here's a similar story from Military Times. We're f***ed as a country.

"A new study from the Pentagon shows that 77% of young Americans would not qualify for military service without a waiver due to being overweight, using drugs or having mental and physical health problems."

A slide detailing the findings from the Pentagon's 2020 Qualified Military Available Study shared with Military.com shows a 6% increase from the latest 2017 Department of Defense research that showed 71% of Americans would be ineligible for service.

"When considering youth disqualified for one reason alone, the most prevalent disqualification rates are overweight (11%), drug and alcohol abuse (8%), and medical/physical health (7%)," the study, which examined Americans between the ages of 17 and 24, read. The study was conducted by the Pentagon's office of personnel and readiness.

Read Next: The Army is Having No Issue Retaining Soldiers, Amid a Crisis Recruiting New Ones

Mental health accounted for 4% of disqualifications, while aptitude, conduct or being a dependent accounted for 1% each. Most youth, 44%, were disqualified for multiple reasons.

There are more than enough viable people for military service but if they are having a recruitment problem.... maybe they need to examine persistent subcultures within the DOD (good people basically get driven to retire) and also this whole bombing brown people bit that over the past 50 or 60 years has gotten very thin.... most of the smarter people have decided to not inhale jingocon retard fumes anymore.... like for example do you really expect people to sign up if somebody like Biden is allowed to be president? Or if we got another jingocon/neocon retard like Bush Jr? I would expect even young conservatives will opt right the f*** out of joining up if they have to serve under that shit.

Take pot, ADHD medicine, and anti depressants off the prohibitions to enlist, stop bombing brown people and acting like the world police and this wouldn't be an issue.
If we stopped being the world's police we could downsize the military 50% and still be more powerful than truly needed.
End the wasr on poverty and drugs then we could actually balance the budget.

Overhearing a conversation with some uniformed ANG mechanics at breakfast the other week, not being able to engage in recreational drugs seems to be the most pressing complaint that demographic has with military service.

If we stopped being the world's police we could downsize the military 50% and still be more powerful than truly needed.
End the wasr on poverty and drugs then we could actually balance the budget.

To hell with balancing, we need to pay down the debt. We are about to hit 100k per citizen.

To hell with balancing, we need to pay down the debt. We are about to hit 100k per citizen.
Citizens in general don't pay taxes
Each taxpayer owes close to $250k in realized debt.
Unfunded liabilities add an extra 1.1 million per tax payer to that.

In other words we are bankrupt - the debt cannot be paid back nor can the future promises be kept.

Plus you end up getting shot at by a 12 yo girl or your legs blown off just so we can announce mission accomplished pull out and the Taliban takes over. Get home to drag queen story hour, covid lockdowns, a stolen election, and rabid anti Americans burning cities to the ground.

Plus you end up getting shot at by a 12 yo girl or your legs blown off just so we can announce mission accomplished pull out and the Taliban takes over. Get home to drag queen story hour, covid lockdowns, a stolen election, and rabid anti Americans burning cities to the ground.
Hello 1984

I’m sure they will still draft plenty from that 77% when ppl don’t join, our all volunteer force goes kapute and we really really need them for the MIC

This is a puff piece from within the Pentagon to blow smoke up the ass of America. I see plenty of skinny or fit teens walking around all the time, they're not going to suddenly become unhealthy in a few years when they could enlist. The DoD is trying to cover up the extremely low enlistment rates because the reality is the day in, day out duties of military service sucks, the pay sucks, the VA care and benefits suck.

Not too mention Gen. Millie types and the wokism that now runs the DotMil.

When working at Walmart has better benefits than joining the Navy or Army, who would bother? Even minimal effort work types aside (who are probably pot smokers anyway) those who are able to join really have no incentive to when they can get better jobs in a field where the Baby Boomer exodus is beginning to really take off leaving a lot of open positions.

Overhearing a conversation with some uniformed ANG mechanics at breakfast the other week, not being able to engage in recreational drugs seems to be the most pressing complaint that demographic has with military service.
It's not only the military it's any company with a government contract no matter how small and how far it is away from your division. Same thing at the MBTA they are 1800 plus drivers short right now. why? Besides the working conditions are horrid and nobody wants to work there the other reason is recreational pot in Massachusetts you can't use recreational or medical marijuana and drive a CDL vehicle. Even driving just in state where you can work around some of the federal rules you still can't do it. Police firefighters EMS all in the same boat.

It's not only the military it's any company with a government contract no matter how small and how far it is away from your division. Same thing at the MBTA they are 1800 plus drivers short right now. why? Besides the working conditions are horrid and nobody wants to work there the other reason is recreational pot in Massachusetts you can't use recreational or medical marijuana and drive a CDL vehicle. Even driving just in state where you can work around some of the federal rules you still can't do it. Police firefighters EMS all in the same boat.
Is getting high that important for people? Or are the jobs that horrific that the only thing that would keep them afloat is smoking marijuana at the end of the day?

Is getting high that important for people? Or are the jobs that horrific that the only thing that would keep them afloat is smoking marijuana at the end of the day?

I think most jobs these days are that horrid. I believe it has to do with short staffing. Unfortunately, it becomes a self-fulfilling cycle: the more you grind out of people, the more will leave, then you will have to grind more out of the remainder staff and so on.

The military has some serious retention problems. It will only get worse. Recruitment issues are another issue that isn't going away any time soon.

They are laying the ground work for the draft that will be coming in the next few years when WWIII starts.

I don't have any personal experience with pot, and I am 21 years sober today so it has been a while since Jack Daniels and I sat down for a conversation, but I know lots of people who can not handle alcohol but are normal functional human beings when they use pot responsibly.

The small l libertarian in me is in favor of pot legalization. I understand it is a different type of altered state.

Pot also shows on a 9 panel drug screen for 30 days, even a CDL holder that has to blow a .02 or less to be considered unimpaired can go out after work on Friday and pound them down all weekend, and as long as they follow the 8 hour bottle to throttle rule chances are they are probably going to be good to go on Monday morning even if they have a massive hangover.

I used to get out of the bus at 1:00 monday afternoon and not be back to work until 4:00 on Thursday, I could pound down a lot of Jack in that amount of time and frequently did.

But the guy who wants to go home, spark one up, take a few hits to mellow out is a criminal, he is not abusing the stuff, but God knows I was abusing alcohol but I never had to worry.

The military has some serious retention problems. It will only get worse. Recruitment issues are another issue that isn't going away any time soon.

They are laying the ground work for the draft that will be coming in the next few years when WWIII starts.

in a world war situation, all the stops will be pulled out in terms of military restraint when pursuing victory. The technology and speed of warfare has increased exponentially since the deuce. Will the war last long enough to even need a draft?

in a world war situation, all the stops will be pulled out in terms of military restraint when pursuing victory. The technology and speed of warfare has increased exponentially since the deuce. Will the war last long enough to even need a draft?
They will make it last long enough to grind every penny of graft they can get out of it.

You wouldn’t believe how many applicants I’ve thrown out because they asked “this drug test, does it screen for weed? I have anxiety so I have a medical card.”
If you can’t get along without it for the two weeks it takes to get out of your system, I don’t want you. Anxiety my ass, I was a sergeant in the infantry at 20 and responsible for other men. I’ve been shot at, stabbed, punched, and had my heart broken by some evil women. I shit on the participation trophy generation’s definition of anxiety!!
Drunken rant over.

You wouldn’t believe how many applicants I’ve thrown out because they asked “this drug test, does it screen for weed? I have anxiety so I have a medical card.”
If you can’t get along without it for the two weeks it takes to get out of your system, I don’t want you. Anxiety my ass, I was a sergeant in the infantry at 20 and responsible for other men. I’ve been shot at, stabbed, punched, and had my heart broken by some evil women. I shit on the participation trophy generation’s definition of anxiety!!
Drunken rant over.

I shit on them too and I am not drunk to rant about it

Drunken rant over.

4 weeks

Back
Top Bottom