80 Percent Glocks (Polymer 80)

MGL 269 11e

" All firearms, rifles and shotguns of new manufacture, manufactured or delivered to any licensed dealer within the commonwealth shall bear serial numbers permanently inscribed on a visible metal area of said firearm, rifle or shotgun, and the manufacturer of said firearm, rifle or shotgun shall keep records of said serial numbers and the dealer, distributor or person to whom the firearm, rifle or shotgun was sold or delivered."

Just give the f***ing thing a SN.
An individual fabricating a firearm for his own use is not a "manufacturer", therefore 269(11)(e) does not apply.

MGL 269 11e

" All firearms, rifles and shotguns of new manufacture, manufactured or delivered to any licensed dealer within the commonwealth shall bear serial numbers permanently inscribed on a visible metal area of said firearm, rifle or shotgun, and the manufacturer of said firearm, rifle or shotgun shall keep records of said serial numbers and the dealer, distributor or person to whom the firearm, rifle or shotgun was sold or delivered."

I am not a manufacturer. You always need to reference the definitions of a law to understand a law

Section 11A: Definitions​

Section 11A. For the purposes of this section and sections eleven B, eleven C and eleven D, the following words shall have the following meanings:—

''Firearm'', a firearm as defined in section one hundred and twenty-one of chapter one hundred and forty, or a rifle or shotgun.

''Serial number'', the number stamped or placed upon a firearm by the manufacturer in the original process of manufacture.

''Identification number'', the number stamped or placed upon a firearm by the colonel of the state police under authority of section eleven D.

AND

Firearms Manufacturer Law and Legal Definition​

According to 18 USCS § 921 (10) firearms manufacturer means “any person engaged in the business of manufacturing firearms or ammunition for purposes of sale or distribution; and the term "licensed manufacturer" means any such person licensed under the provisions of this chapter [18 USCS §§ 921 et seq.].”

Give it serial number
8008135 because I never grew up

When I was 10, my cousin showed me this joke. Dolly Parton is worried her boobs are too big. So she goes to the doc. And the doc says, Take X# of these pills Y# times a day for Z# days.

Instead she did (and then you jumble the #'s).

It's a series of adds and multiplies. She took too many per day for a short # of days. You hit EQUAL, turn the calculator upside down.

"After she was finished, she was" BOOBLESS

Dammitall that I never wrote the sequence down. LOL. This was 1979. When Dolly was young and HOT.

Any issues after you register your p80? I have a couple of builds but don't want to get in trouble if I register.
The real risk of trouble is if you DON'T register them.

IMHO - If you want to keep them in MA, register them. If you want to own a couple of guns that nobody knows about and not break the law, then loan them to a friend in NH, ME, CT, VT, or RI. (CT assumes that you completed them before the SN requirement on home built firearms came into effect)

When I was 10, my cousin showed me this joke. Dolly Parton is worried her boobs are too big. So she goes to the doc. And the doc says, Take X# of these pills Y# times a day for Z# days.

Instead she did (and then you jumble the #'s).

It's a series of adds and multiplies. She took too many per day for a short # of days. You hit EQUAL, turn the calculator upside down.

"After she was finished, she was" BOOBLESS

Dammitall that I never wrote the sequence down. LOL. This was 1979. When Dolly was young and HOT.
Not quite as funny but my old phone number in Ct ended in 7734. After I got divorced, I noticed that it read HELL upside down.

I got a new number.

LOL

I had an acquaintance years ago. HE always had teh same last-4 phone #. He'd move (Back when you had to change your phone #) and request a very specific #.

(xxx) XXX-3825.

Going back to the late 70's. One night his phone rings. He picks it up the kitchen phone (off the wall - the were usually avocado or pale yellow and had this massive coiled cord that would strangle you if you weren't careful. And this circle on the face of the phone with #'s on it. Check it out at the Smithsonian) and these girls are giggling, then they hang up. A few min later, it happens again. He's a cool guy but getting a little frustrated. Third time. "OK, why are you calling me and giggling. I can here you. Why me?"

One of the girls stops giggling and says, "Your # is xxx-*-U-C-K! GUFFAW GUFFAW GUFFAW!!!!"

So he kept it. For decades. He'd move, he'd get the #. Somehow it was always free. LOL

My diverse was back in the 90s. Back then ATT was trying to get into residential service to compete with SNET. So I contacted ATT and asked what they could do for me.

They told me that I could get any number I wanted as long as it wasn't taken. So I requested a number that would be very desirable for a business. Like 860-395-5555.

They gave it to me.

It turns out that Fannie Mae - the huge government mortgage company had the number 800-395-5555. So about once a week I'd get a call from someone looking to talk about their mortgage. This was no big deal until 2008. When the mortgage crisis hit. At that point I was getting about 1 call a day. It was insane. Ha.

LOL

I had an acquaintance years ago. HE always had teh same last-4 phone #. He'd move (Back when you had to change your phone #) and request a very specific #.

(xxx) XXX-3825.

Going back to the late 70's. One night his phone rings. He picks it up the kitchen phone (off the wall - the were usually avocado or pale yellow and had this massive coiled cord that would strangle you if you weren't careful. And this circle on the face of the phone with #'s on it. Check it out at the Smithsonian) and these girls are giggling, then they hang up. A few min later, it happens again. He's a cool guy but getting a little frustrated. Third time. "OK, why are you calling me and giggling. I can here you. Why me?"

One of the girls stops giggling and says, "Your # is xxx-*-U-C-K! GUFFAW GUFFAW GUFFAW!!!!"

So he kept it. For decades. He'd move, he'd get the #. Somehow it was always free. LOL

Reading this, I realized that my grandchildren have never seen a rotary dial phone.

And it also brought back a memory. Sitting in my parents living room one day on the couch, reading quite peacefully in the sunshine, (floor to ceiling glass wall with a southern exposure). My dad's sitting in his chair, reading the paper. Phone rings, he gets up and answers it, asks the person to hold on for a minute, puts the phone down, goes back to his chair and resumes reading the paper. I'm just watching. Couple of minutes later, he gets up, walks over to the phone, picks it up and says "hey, who the hell left the phone off the hook?" and hangs it up.

I'm still watching, wondering wtf. He looks at me, grins and says "I hate salespeople".

The days of no caller ID, one main phone in the house and multiple extensions that he wired in other rooms. With the ringers disconnected so that Ma Bell couldn't detect any additional resistance on the line.

And if you're under 40, or perhaps 50 - none of this makes any sense to you.

Reading this, I realized that my grandchildren have never seen a rotary dial phone.

And it also brought back a memory. Sitting in my parents living room one day on the couch, reading quite peacefully in the sunshine, (floor to ceiling glass wall with a southern exposure). My dad's sitting in his chair, reading the paper. Phone rings, he gets up and answers it, asks the person to hold on for a minute, puts the phone down, goes back to his chair and resumes reading the paper. I'm just watching. Couple of minutes later, he gets up, walks over to the phone, picks it up and says "hey, who the hell left the phone off the hook?" and hangs it up.

I'm still watching, wondering wtf. He looks at me, grins and says "I hate salespeople".

The days of no caller ID, one main phone in the house and multiple extensions that he wired in other rooms. With the ringers disconnected so that Ma Bell couldn't detect any additional resistance on the line.

And if you're under 40, or perhaps 50 - none of this makes any sense to you.

I forgot the ringers trick. Back when, whether you truly did or not, you leased your phone from Ma Bell. We got an extension from my uncle and removed the bell so it couldn't be tracked. How stupid was all of that????

We were advanced. We had 2 lines. Which meant that we had 2 big honking phones on the wall, right next to each other. Its hysterical looking back. Look at that cord. I think I'm being triggered just looking at that thing

. View attachment 446046
I suppose it's good to know that my compulsion to neaten the line hasn't improved.

Judge_Peckinpah_being_triggered.gif

MGL 269 11e

Must be the new Maura intern.

Learn the law grasshopper.

MGL 269 11e

I don't understand what you don't understand about how this doesn't apply to someone who manufactures it themselves for their own private use and to not for resale.

I have been wondering if the possible ban on private sales would affect the the process of filling out a EFa10 In Massachusetts to prove ownership of a manufactured firearm. Example being a 80% AR lower or a Polymer 80 Glock clone.

if u are efa10'ing a P80 you are doing it wrong.
Im with you, but according to reading the first two pages of this thread, this is wrong. At least in MA.

Can someone post the law where it says something such as an 80% pistol, some pipe and nails, or 2x4 and pipes are required to be registered upon their completion edit **of being built into a firearm** in MA? I did a search and could not find it myself.
Also would a muzzle leading pistol or rifles fall under same such rule for registration?

Last edited:
The law defines a firearm as being able to discharge a shot. If it is made of 2x4s and can discharge a shot. Its a firearm.

"''Firearm'', a stun gun or a pistol, revolver or other weapon of any description, loaded or unloaded, from which a shot or bullet can be discharged"

Of course that also means that that 80% lower is NOT a firearm.

Im aware of what they consider an actual firearm thats why i said "upon completion"
My question was which specific MA law says said firearm/s are required to be registered.

Seriously though, if you're building an 80, and yapping about EFA10? like, WTF? the two concepts are incongruent with each other.

Thanks for that,i got a chuckle.
i honestly read that over and over previously, Keyword searched "register" and "manufacture" etc in different sections. But i guess im looking for the wrong specifics, i didn't know if there was a specific part about registering your own manufactured firearm after building. I guess the word "obtain" covers that? I dunno. 🙄
It seemed the consensus was to register them after completiong after rifling through many a posts amd faq sections.

Can you please explain to me how someone completing an 80% kit build and using the portal to register it are incongruent with each other?
128b states you must "report, in writing, to the commissioner of the department of criminal justice information services" etcetc
Isn't the portal just the electronic version of this? Or are folks to actually composing hand written letters saying, "hey commish, i put a pipe on a 2x4 with a bungee cord that fires 50bmg, oh yeah almost forgot, it has no serial number"
-kilroy

i honestly read that over and over previously, Keyword searched "register" and "manufacture" etc in different sections. But i guess im looking for the wrong specifics, i didn't know if there was a specific part about registering your own manufactured firearm after building. I guess the word "obtain" covers that? I dunno. 🙄
It seemed the consensus was to register them after completiong after rifling through many a posts amd faq sections.

Can you please explain to me how someone completing an 80% kit build and using the portal to register it are incongruent with each other?
128b states you must "report, in writing, to the commissioner of the department of criminal justice information services" etcetc
Isn't the portal just the electronic version of this? Or are folks to actually composing hand written letters saying, "hey commish, i put a pipe on a 2x4 with a bungee cord that fires 50bmg, oh yeah almost forgot, it has no serial number"
-kilroy

Registering an 80 defeats the whole purpose of building a gun off one.

-kilroy
Grow a pair and stop worrying about it. f*** Maura and this commie shit hole

After it can fire do you have any recommendation on who to serialize it ? Or should we have that done before the build out ?
Last one I did I sent the paperweight to atomic engraving. They did fantastic work and turn around was super fast. Once I got it back, I clipped, drilled, and assembled.

Back
Top Bottom