80% tourniquet; Poly80/Rob Pincus/Skinny Medic @ Big Daddy Epic Shoot 2020

allen-1

NES Member
Big Daddy Unlimited put on their Epic Shoot 2020 this past weekend, and it was at my local club - 17South in Fleming Georgia.

BDU brings together manufacturers and "media influencers" so that the media influencers can see the new products and make videos of them for their audiences.

Last year, I RO'd and it was a fairly good sized event. I met people like IraqiVeteran8888 & Collion Noir. I actually RO'd Jerry Miculek, (like he needs a range officer, right?), when he was running Stern Defense and Fostek's firearms. All in all, a really fun day.

I RO'd again this year, and because it was the second time we hosted it, we were a bit more organized. Hat/shirt/radio & IFAK for each RO; clearly defined rules of operation. Pretty simple, hot on the hour for 45 minutes, then cold from quarter of until the hour. Cold range extends across the entire range - and we were using the 25yard, 25 meter, 100 yard, 100 meter, 500 meter ranges plus the 12 tactical bays.

I was a bit surprised at how many vendors were there - until someone reminded me that SHOT SHOW was cancelled this year.

I chose to oversee a tactical bay down by our connex, and I ended up in the one that Poly80 and Stern Defense were at. Because this is a trade show type of event, many of the participants know each other - and people drop by to sit and BS. It's a nice change from ROing a match, because everyone there is in the industry and there's no learning curve. About the only thing you have to caution people about is when the range is going cold. I did have to take one guy downrange and have him unload - he missed the memo that the entire range was cold - but it was all done civilly.

Anyhow - "Skinny Medic" and his wife were there for a while, BSing with one of the owners of Stern Defense, then sitting down with the Poly80 guys, and he joked about an 80% tourniquet. I just kind of went "huh"? So I asked his wife wtf he was talking about. She just laughed and explained that he does gag productions once a year or so - and that would be one. This guy who had joined them, starts laughing, pulls out his phone and starts making a video. I step back, because as a local, my task is to facilitate filming, not be part of it.

So, he does an intro, then riffs into Skinny Medic offering an 80% tourniquet, which of course is brought to you by Poly80. Kinda funny.

I googled Poly80 and EPIC SHOOT 2020 earlier this morning, and found this video:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2BYgHmDDNU

That would be Rob Pincus. I had no idea.

Neat little video giving you some sense of the show; Skinny Medic at about 5:30.

And if you have no idea who Rob Pincus is; here's a screenshot from NES I just took:
1605638626425.png

Back
Top Bottom