• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

8mm reloaders

Yes, I pick up nosler custom comps when the blemisheTd bullets come up for sale.
I also shoot cast loads , so far just gallery loads out to 50 yards for fun. I,have some test loads to reach out to 200 yards just have not shot them yet.

I have some boxed reloads from a previous owner that have markings related to an mg34. I believe there to be around 800 rounds, all boxed. Would a reloader pull these for powder and reuse the brass?

I have some boxed reloads from a previous owner that have markings related to an mg34. I believe there to be around 800 rounds, all boxed. Would a reloader pull these for powder and reuse the brass?

Some might not, some would. It's your call entirely. If you don't plan to fire it off, it isn't doing you much good taking up space.

The bullets can be reused, maybe the powder but you probably don't know what it is. The brass is either boxer or berdan primed. Some people will reload berdan primed brass but most won't go through the bother.

What are the head stamps on the brass. I'm always weary or someone's old stuff.
You could pull the bullets and check the powder and see if it's berdan primed or not.

Head stamps are a mix of German WWII and various others.

War-era ammo may be of some interest to collectors...I don't know really. Might be worth a look before tearing it all apart.
I have some 1939-41 54R, as well as some Sh-KAS API ammo that I'm holding on to...no one has expressed any interest in it, of course!

I reload for 8mm. Mix of 8x57 brass and cut-and-resize .3006's.
I've pulled apart and reused mil powder from corroded or damaged brass, usually reduced 10% from the original load for safety. All good!

Eta: I'd still probably toss the unknown reloaded powder!

Last edited:
YES BOTH CAST AND JACKETED.CAST IN MY OLD COMMISSION 88 MAUSER, even if it does have an (S) stamped on it. still could be .318 dia.

Back
Top Bottom