• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

9 mm pricing

Cutting your ammo costs in half is negligible?

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

See below

Mileage may vary, you have to be a coupon clipping, bulking buying fiend to get them down that low for 9mm.

This was how it seemed to me with everything I have read about 9mm when these discussions come up. Most people say that you have to re-load A LOT of 9mm to realize any real savings.

I think what he is questioning is whether MA has some random law saying you can't buy ammo over the border and bring it back. Which, while I don't think that is illegal, you certainly never know with MA.

No, I just wanted to be careful because no one likes to post much in the way of actionable information on this site because they are paranoid about who is watching.

I really just wanted an answer to the question: Where in NH can one buy 1,000 round bricks of decent 9mm ammo--a place with decent prices and in stock supplies?

But I guess that's too much to ask.

So anyone know where the best place to go in NH to buy a 1000 round box of 9 mm where they both will have it in stock and a somewhat reasonable price on it?

I'm not aware of any reason why such info could not be posted on here for a valid Mass. LTC holder to drive up and buy it to save on the sales tax, etc., but if so sorry for asking. Thanks.

EVERY WALMART IN NEW HAMPSHIRE!
Buy ten boxes of Federal 100 packs at $19.97 each, or $23.97/100 for Winchester White Box. Buy ten of 'em for $239.70.

I suggest going on a weekday morning. They get their shipments overnight. If you don't see the ammo you want in the case, ask them to check the back. This has worked for me several times. You may even get a "full box" of boxes.

Last edited:
I've heard Rileys in Hooksett has good deals, not sure if you'll be the federal prices at Walmart though

See below

This was how it seemed to me with everything I have read about 9mm when these discussions come up. Most people say that you have to re-load A LOT of 9mm to realize any real savings.

My local WMs haven't had 9s for about a month when I've been there. Reloading them also solves that issue.

See below

Yeah, it depends how much you load. You pretty much have to buy bullets at least a case at a time (3000 for 147gr) and split a mail order for primer and powders, (or buy enough to max a hazmat, like 20k primers and 16lb of powder). If you shoot action pistol matches or have a 9mm subgun, reloading is a no-brainer. If you don't shoot that kind of volume, it may be harder to justify.

In my opinion, $10 per 50 is a great "accumulate" price for brass-cased ammo. $11 for 50 is a good price and $12-$13 per 50 is what every local gun shop sells it for. I am confused when people buy 500 or 1000 rounds for a $12 per 50 price.

Chris

$200 for 1000 rounds is about the going average case price for decent brass cased 115gr. ammo.

-Mike

- - - Updated - - -

I really need to ask santa for a Dillon this Christmas! I know that it is negligible cost savings for 9mm

It's not negligible unless you don't shoot that much 9mm. I do. and at 3-5000 rounds a year the cost savings via reloading is worth it. Not to mention I get to make ammo I can't even buy.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom