$900 for a M1A, How did I do?

I just picked up a standard model M1A (with the Walnut stock) for $900. It's in new condition, but without the box. Now I didn't get any goodies with it like mil spec mags or ammo.
smitty

Kid Presentable "thats an amazing deal". Thanks
Yea, I thought it was too good a deal to pass up. Only problem is I don't have any other 308 rifles. Felt like I'd regret it latter if I didn't.
I priced them elsewhere (like guns america) and they were getting like $1,400 for them.
As for the pics, it's just a plain jane stardard model walnut stocked M1A.
smitty

That was a very good deal.

Even if it is just a plain jane, we still want to see pics.

[smile]

Only problem is I don't have any other 308 rifles. Felt like I'd regret it latter if I didn't.
I priced them elsewhere (like guns america) and they were getting like $1,400 for them.
As for the pics, it's just a plain jane stardard model walnut stocked M1A.
smitty

yeah if you had posted here that you passed up such a great deal 2 things would have happened a)people would be berating you on what a great deal you passed up, and b) you would have had a full PM box of people asking where the rifle is so they could buy it. definitely post a range report later on

M1911 "That was a great deal. Smitty, I know you are a true rifleman, and you'll just love the M1A." - Thanks
Yes, it's a Springfield (Springfield Inc.). Newer production, made in 07, but what the heck. I really wasn't looking, but the chance to pick it up fell into my lap. Anyways I had to jump.
smitty

If I had seen it I would have whipped out the plastic so fast it would have made your head spin.

Congrats on a HUGE score!

Oh, and pics or it didn't happen.

Yes guys, I did get a new (without the box) M1A for only $900.
I swear, the rifle is in my gunsafe right now.
It did happen, I'll try and figure out how to post a picture.
Never done it in three years on this site, but I'll try and figure out how.

To put it simple, the M1A is my Christmas present to myself.
And a Merry Christmas wish to all of you guys!
Here's hope you can score a good deal before New Years.
smitty

Helluva deal !
Can you imagine that an M1A "Standard Loaded" over here sells for 2,500 Euros and people tear them from the dealers' hands....if they ever get one to sell ? That's a whopping 3,750 bucks[crying]

Last edited:
Congrats! Stellar deal! There's quite a few of us with M1A's on this board, so if you need any tips, please don't hesitate. There's a ton of resources out there on how to get the most out of your wonderful rifle! Way to go! [cheers] In that spirit:

threaduselesswithoutpics.jpg

Good deal, smitty!
I bought mine for the same price about 3 years ago. It was a guy at work, the price was right and I bought it sight unseen. I know he takes care of his stuff.
When I got it home, I found that it was the older version if the Standard Loaded. Made in '98 I think. He even threw in a bunch of extras.

Back
Top Bottom