• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

95% sure there is a way to build a legal AR based pistol with full features.

You’re putting a lot of qualifiers on this that weren’t in the original post, but okay....

Google Olympic Arms OA93. If you can’t figure out how to build something similar with 3D printing technology and polymer lowers, I don’t know what to tell you.

These may not be the answers you want but they are ways you can build an AR-15 pistol in MA. If you want one with all the bells and whistles and no restrictions; move.

First the OA93 is too heavy.
2nd. Nobody makes one in plastic.
3rd - you can't 3d print it and expect it to have it last or be at all useful.

4th. The fact that you would suggest that 3d printing with any normal readily available printer is a real option suggests that you are either ignorant, or grasping at straws seeking to defend a point that is simply wrong.

THEN you essentially move the goal posts and say , if this isn't what you want MOVE.. Uh. No that was exactly my point. If you don't want to move.

So I'll lay it out again. With a bit more detail. Full feature - threaded bbl, semi auto, detachable mag, reasonable construction materials (no magnesium lowers for $800, or plastic 3d printed lowers that will break at the buffer tube threads after 100 rounds). This is the only way to do it MA legal.

Yeah, but that buffer foam stock is a cheek-weld stock, not meant to shoulder. You could, but it won't feel all that nice, nor will it shoot at the best of the gun's capabilities. If you have the Form 1 SBR tax stamp, why on earth would you use that? And you're saying small, but that's still carbine length, meaning you could just slip a stock end on it and give up maybe an inch or less more overall length.

People want them. That's all I'm saying. I'm talking about a pistol you shoot like a pistol. Again. I'm not saying I want one.

But if you do want one. The way I detailed is the only way I know of to do it legally in MA. That's my point. Any argument that its a stupid thing to do is absolutely IRRELEVANT. But also correct. They are dumb and pretty useless. But they are fun.

First the OA93 is too heavy.
2nd. Nobody makes one in plastic.
3rd - you can't 3d print it and expect it to have it last or be at all useful.

4th. The fact that you would suggest that 3d printing with any normal readily available printer is a real option suggests that you are either ignorant, or grasping at straws seeking to defend a point that is simply wrong.

THEN you essentially move the goal posts and say , if this isn't what you want MOVE.. Uh. No that was exactly my point. If you don't want to move.

So I'll lay it out again. With a bit more detail. Full feature - threaded bbl, semi auto, detachable mag, reasonable construction materials (no magnesium lowers for $800, or plastic 3d printed lowers that will break at the buffer tube threads after 100 rounds). This is the only way to do it MA legal.

May bad. It was the OA98. There’s your answer.

“This was followed two years later by the OA-98 which used a detachable magazine but the body was skeletonized to reduce the weight below the 50 ounce restriction to allow the OA-98 to have one more feature to be compliant with the 1994 Crime Bill.”

Back
Top Bottom