9mm 185 grain Seismic Ammo

Looks like really crappy expansion. Like the hollow-point doesn't go DEEP enough for it to flower out, it just folds back.

Looks like really crappy expansion. Like the hollow-point doesn't go DEEP enough for it to flower out, it just folds back.
What the hell is “first round pop”?
Honestly, just get a .40

I'm not watching the video, but I'm pretty sure that 185gr 9x19 ammo is intended for use in a suppressed handgun.

What is First Round Pop?.

At a very basic level, the term First Round Pop is referring to the first round that's fired through a suppressor after it's been out of use. Since the suppressor is initially filled with oxygen, there will be an additional 'pop' as the oxygen burns out - which makes the first shot louder than subsequent shots. Depending on the suppressor, firearm, ammunition, and environment; the FRP can range from almost non-existent to very noticeable.

Yes although his testing media was crappy too. Maybe with ballistic gel results would have been better.

I need a round this big. I could probably load it with 2 grains of powder and be above PF. LOL.

If you get this down to 700 FPS, you can make 129pf. That would be 120fps slower than my current 160g load.

Maybe I will buy a couple, remove the bullet and have a custom mold made.

What the hell is “first round pop”?
I think it’s the first desk pop of the morning in the office.

Damn. I had a meeting. Beat me to it. LOL

What does your average spy or super-secret military organization do about desk-pop, er first-round-pop??? So much for taking Serge out with a well placed shot then racing over to catch him before he hits the floor.

I need a round this big. I could probably load it with 2 grains of powder and be above PF. LOL.

If you get this down to 700 FPS, you can make 129pf. That would be 120fps slower than my current 160g load.

Maybe I will buy a couple, remove the bullet and have a custom mold made.

1.6 grains

Effective range of 7.1 meters

Its a solution looking for a problem.

185? That's more like ".45-skinny"...

Cartridge looks Frankenstein-ish.

When the .40 owner shows up...

View attachment 371629

[laugh] 😁

I am now going to cast out bait, and trigger 3 pages worth of autistic screaming. Because I'm hot, sweaty and life is just too short to not have any fun-

People who think .40 is snappy also consider .22LR to have "manageable recoil"

Your antiquated and obsolete 1911 didn't win any world wars. The 30-06 and an atomic bomb did.

When Glock starts making a Mens version of their handguns, I'll be the first in line to buy one.

When my eyesight starts to go, and I can no longer move as quickly as I can, then maybe I'll take up Trap or Skeet. Looks like the minimum age requirement for that is about 70 and an a.a.r.p. card.

I bet the Tiger King is an avid Archery Enthusiast too.

.308 is a lot like .223, but for men.

What style ball gag goes with your LEVEL 3 PLATE KIT!

I love you all.

Damn. I had a meeting. Beat me to it. LOL

What does your average spy or super-secret military organization do about desk-pop, er first-round-pop??? So much for taking Serge out with a well placed shot then racing over to catch him before he hits the floor.
They issue the offender a wooden gun.

Back
Top Bottom