• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

9mm 1911 decision question

I have the Ruger SR1911 in 9mm, Commander length. One of my favorite guns. I will agree the recoil spring is pretty light, but it runs everything I've fed it so far. Definitely worth considering.

I have a S&W Pro Series I like a bunch. Also a Para Ordnance P18 that despite what others say about them, it runs like a sewing machine for me.

I had the Smith and Wesson pro series in 9mm for a while and it was a super fine gun. I upgraded to the performance center 1911 in 45 and sold my 9mm.

Chris

I've been thinking about replacing the front sight on my SA RO with a Dawson FO. Did it require "fitting"?

Very minimal. I had to reduce it a bit, and clean the edges of my slide. Very easy to do, but still if you don’t trust yourself I’d recommend having someone do it just because it’s such a prominent area of the gun. I have a small burr that I did next to the sight that I caused. Barely noticeable, but I can see it and it pisses me off haha.

Dawson made some YouTube videos that walk you thru it.

Back
Top Bottom