9mm ammo ??

ok guys need some 9mm ammo advice.
What do you guys shoot for target at the range? Does it really matter, what type of ammo used? I have an M&P 9c and recently picked up some Herter ammo

Winchester white box, federal bulk packs, Tula, whatever is cheapest at Walmart, some steel case ammo like herters, Tula, wolf etc can run dirty but it's effective for target practice

Herter's is crap. If you find some Federal, buy as much as you can afford. They have run flawless in my Glock's and Ruger's. WWB is good but I get a few duds per 100 pack from Walmart. Remington green box has been very good to me as well, but it's slighty dirtier than Federal. IIRC, the M&P's aren't too picky with ammo.

Cheapest you can find for range work. BUT don't neglect shooting your carry rounds. They will shoot different than the bulk stuff.

This. You didn't state that you were carrying, so I listed only range ammo OP. Always test out your carry load thoroughly, as it can be the difference between life or death.

For practice ammo, I usually buy whatever I can get cheapest without going to steel cased, or foreign stuff. I know some people say it doesn't matter, but I prefer to stick with decent brass, and I save it all for future reloading purposes.

I use reloaded Berry plated 124gr bullets(SDB Dillon Press). Cost me about $6 a box. They shoot flawlessly out of my Sigs and Glock.

I like S&B and Federal American Eagle (124gr) are my preference for range ammo and are cheap in bulk. Federal Champion or Winchester white box are easy to find cheap locally.

tula blows, I got a box of .380 and probably had 12-15 non fires and a couple failures to eject

Bulk packs at Walmart. Can't get much cheaper without reloading. Buy a lot when its cheap. Once in awhile bass pro will have a sale of 9.99/50

I load up Berry's 115 RN-DS with red dot...$.11 per and a great round...I compared WWB and my reloads are far superior at 1/2 the price

I make my own and have a case of brass-cased CCI Blazer on reserve.

We're not talking bullseye accuracy here........

I reload with lead 124 Gr. bullets for everything but my Glocks. Plated for those.
I've shot plenty of lead reloads through my Glock 17. As long as you use an alloy soft enough to fully obturate in the bore leading is minimal and confined to the muzzle area.

I've shot up to 150 lead rounds through my 17 in one session and there is zero visible leading at the throat, or in any of the rifling until you get to within 1/4" of the muzzle.

The horror stories of shooting lead ammo through Glocks are BS.

I load and shoot Montana Gold 115 gr both at practice and at matches

I use the same, but have also had good luck reloading X-Treme copper coated bullets, I never use steel cased ammo not that there is anything wrong with it ,I just. Won't use it in my guns.

Last edited:
I like Wolf and Blazer steel cased. Winchester White Box value packs. Other peoples ammo , too.

I have a bunch of brass saved already.

I don't have any Carry Ammo. It's on the list , but I don't carry a 9 , I carry a 45 , so it's not that high on my list.

I usually shoot WWB from Wally World but lately I've gotten good deals online on CCI Blazer Brass ($10.49/50 with free shipping) and PMC Bronze ($10.99/50 with free shipping), both of which are cheaper than Wally World ($23.99/100).

Of course I don't live in a communist state so I can buy ammo online!

Back
Top Bottom