9mm Price

Can anyone tell me what Four Seasons is asking for 9mm target ammo. I don't want to head up there if it's to high.

PM me if it is unethical to post.

Thanks!

While I like FS I can already tell you that it is going to be too expensive. Nearly all the gun shops in MA are.

The least expensive gun shop for 9mm target ammo is going to be Riley's in NH..... but even then, Walmart will still beat their price.

-Mike

When I started reloading, I lived in a TINY apartment in Sturbridge, MA. My ONLY location for the press was clamped to a board, on the kitchen table. I did quite well with that set up for a long time.

I wish I could Duke. I read two reloading books and feel I am ready to go. The problem is I live in an appartment and have zero space to set up shop.

I was thinking of getting this -

http://www.amazon.com/Black-Decker-...TF8&coliid=I24A5AWHO9L69S&colid=3D0VI6AIZKZ1Z -

- and just set it up in the laundry room when I need it.

I think someone, (Lord1234 maybe?), made a pretty neat little reloading cart for use in his apartment. I need to get my act together in this area...

As for 9mm prices, Wal mart is your best bet, (if they have it)...DSG on Black Friday - especially if you have ScorePoints could be worth a look-see...

I wish I could Duke. I read two reloading books and feel I am ready to go. The problem is I live in an appartment and have zero space to set up shop.

I was thinking of getting this -

http://www.amazon.com/Black-Decker-...TF8&coliid=I24A5AWHO9L69S&colid=3D0VI6AIZKZ1Z -

- and just set it up in the laundry room when I need it.

Get to it,I live in an apt as well

DSC00843.jpg

That's a center kitchen island I found by the WalMart donation dumpster in Hudson.The thing is about an inch longer on the right than the picture shows.

Take a ride to Rileys,guaranteed to be a lot cheaper than 4Seasons.

That's 28 cents per round. Not bad, since I spend 26 cents a round to reload 9mm.

Then you're spending too much. I reload 9mm for about $6.50 a box (eg per 50), and that's with 115 gr FMJ bullets. That's about .13 a round.

-Mike

Then you're spending too much. I reload 9mm for about $6.50 a box (eg per 50), and that's with 115 gr FMJ bullets. That's about .13 a round.

-Mike

Mike... that is exactly what I'm spending these days. 13 cents per round. Way better than FS or DSG or others.

And there is just something therapeutic about it all. Who knew that reloading would become such a great way to relax!

I would seriously look into reloading if i were you. If i buy in a small bulk it costs me about $13-14 to reload 100 rounds of 9mm.

Get to it,I live in an apt as well

DSC00843.jpg

That's a center kitchen island I found by the WalMart donation dumpster in Hudson.The thing is about an inch longer on the right than the picture shows.

Take a ride to Rileys,guaranteed to be a lot cheaper than 4Seasons.

Thanks for the pic Greg! I can fit a set-up like that somewhere. I'm on it.

Even 9mm brass is in demand these days... I can remember when I was laughed at for reloading 9!

Can anyone tell me what Four Seasons is asking for 9mm target ammo. I don't want to head up there if it's to high.

PM me if it is unethical to post.

Thanks!
i cant tell you about the shops but i was in wally world today and i saw 9mm for 21.95 a box of 100.

What's sad and telling is, I went shooting with friends in yesterday and brought the Uzi. I loaded some mags at o-dark-thirty and noticed the WWB Shooters Pack I pulled out of my ammo box was marked $13.98....My how times have changed....[thinking]

This thread got me thinking about reloading myself.

So you guys can reload 9's for .13 cents each? Would that be a reasonable base cost to use? To get setup (properly) to reload would cost me how much (have plenty of space, though not so much free time)?

Lastly, assuming I can learn to do it easy enough, how long does it take to reload 100 rounds? Just trying to get a grip on the up front costs and time investment, might be cheaper to simply work late and just keep buying the stuff on sale...

That is what I was wondering. What are the startup (equipment) costs, and how does one learn how to do this? I'd love to cast some SWC 9mm bullets as well.

I recently started reloading. I have a good source for free brass (some calibers). I spent about $2,000 on everything I needed to get set up, including a bench and a Dillon 550b press, powder, primers, and bullets. I haven't really seen any savings at all yet, but I do shoot a lot more now. I also don't have to worry about finding ammo at WalMart. I just roll my own.

Lastly, assuming I can learn to do it easy enough, how long does it take to reload 100 rounds?

If the press is set up and ready to go I can probably make 100 rounds in under 20 minutes, and that's going at a snail's pace.

-Mike

If the press is set up and ready to go I can probably make 100 rounds in under 20 minutes, and that's going at a snail's pace.

-Mike

Even what Mike described as "weak" 9mm loads passed the Uzi test as well. All poured through it like water. Remington UMC has failed the Uzi test more than once...Good stuff Mike...[cheers]

Last edited:

-Mike

Just trying to wrap my head around the end cost and if it's worth it for 9mm.
Just paid about .23 cents a round for the 9mm on sale at Dick's...
Thanks

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom