9mm quality ammo question

mtsfitness

NES Member
Excuse me if this is not the most intelligent question, im a newbee.

Went to the range today and bought 100 rds of 9mm Silver Bear (made in russia) ammo. I also shot pmc 9mm that I had previously purchased.

When shooting the Silver Bear I had several malfunctions in my brand new M&P Shield and a rented m&p 9. Double feeds and stove pipes.

Wondering what the reputation is of this particular ammo? Im not sure whether or not to blame the ammo or the firearm?

I was not paying close attention but the malfunctions appeared to start when I started shooting the Silver Bear.

Any input would be great.

Thanks

Silver Bear isn't bad, but it's steel-cased and some pistols don't like steel cases. You may want to stick with brass, if that's an option. Best of luck.

I have had a ftf with some steel stuff its minimal though. would I trust my life in a fire fight hell no. will i piss through it at the range for cheap hell yeah. I have even had the same thing ftf with cheaper brass to.

I use an m&p 45

I have used alot of Brown Bear and never an issue. Also never with Fiocchi, Tula, Blazer Brass, Blazer, Winchester White Box, RWS,. Yea i like to try almost all brands to see which are accurate and reliable. The only one i had a few probs in my Ruger and Glock were American Eagle 115 Grain. Also if it's a new gun then break in may need be. Did you trade/Sell the G27 Yet?

Last edited:
Excuse me if this is not the most intelligent question, im a newbee.

Went to the range today and bought 100 rds of 9mm Silver Bear (made in russia) ammo. I also shot pmc 9mm that I had previously purchased.

When shooting the Silver Bear I had several malfunctions in my brand new M&P Shield and a rented m&p 9. Double feeds and stove pipes.
my new shield had some problems ejecting crappy steel at the range - brass, no matter how crappy, is fine

my m&p 9 eats anything I put in there

Some models don't like steel cases.......it is what it is. Just keep your fire arm loaded with the quality stuff that you have tested in the past for reliability when you carry.......save the cheeper stuff for range time.

Back
Top Bottom