~ A “SATIN NICKEL” Colt Woodsman for sale ! ! ! . . . UPDATED ~ POST #1 & 7

I have never heard or read of Colt making such a “SATIN NICKEL” Woodsman before, does anyone know if this is indeed true? Bidding started at $999.95, if this was a truly "ultra rare" Woodsman the bidding would start much higher I believe. This is on Gun Broker, link: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=161844965#PIC
========================================

pix431488968.jpg

ULTRA RARE COLT WOODSMAN MATCH TARGET *SATIN NICKEL*

Current Bid $1,247.00 Reserve Met! Started at $999.95
Quantity 1 # of bids 5 Auction has Ended

This is a wonderful and quite rare satin nickle plated colt match target woodsman 3rd issue with bottom mag release and rare 4 inch bbl. This gun is from a old advanced woodsman collection and the owner said the gun was bought this way from the factory and very few were done in nickel finish. I am not a woodsman expert but I can look at a colt and inspect the stamped markings and see that the gun has not been refinished and the factory markings are crystal clear on this pistol as on any factory blue finished woodsman match target. The gun has colt blue- black finished elaison rear sight and blue-black front blade while the firing pin retainer button on the top of the slide is satin nickel in contrast with the blue sights.

This is a beautiful gun and very rare to find and even has a extra matching satin nickle magazine as well. The gun shows only the most minor handling and has been fired as seen on the bolt face and chamber, but the gun is nearly 99% perfect nickel finish. We are selling the gun as found and have only the word of the owner that the gun is original. We believe the gun is 100% correct but have never seen a nickel woodsman match target and will leave it up to the buyer to do you own research to be sure before you bid. We are selling the gun as found with no guarantees other than stated condition and working order. Buyer to provide FFL and pay 20.00 for shipping.​

Last edited:
~ Oh ye of little faith . . .

I don't think it was a factory plating job; the grip screws aren't plated.

Gammon ~ So that you'll know, I've placed the link to the Colt in question below, give it a wee-peek when you have a chance. [smile]

The only known nickel plated 2nd series Sport that originally left the factory that way. Authenticated by factory letter.

Click on the picture to get to the Colt in question:
http://www.colt22.com/jg/2/index.html

Last edited:
Colt dabbled a lot in satin finished nickel plating so it wouldn't surprise me. I would think it might have been plated by Colt for a customer special order.
My Colt Python goes back to 1983. They were doing "Electroless Nickle" back then. They called it "Coltguard". Nice finish, no yellow cast. It's a chemical process. I've done some of that myself for other applications. Jack.

Back
Top Bottom