• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

A Day in SoNH

MaverickNH

NES Member
I’m in Southern NH, around Manchester.

A neighbor calls F&G about a tree stand on my property - my tree stand. My name on my stand - same name on the Posted signs along the roadways.

Two guys trespass on my land by trespassing through my neighbor’s posted land, claiming mine wasn’t posted. Well no, not at that border between his and my land. I just said you must have missed the signs and if you’d like to wait i’ll call the PD so you can explain why you think you weren’t trasspassing through his land onto my land. They left.

Quite a day in SoNH.

I’m in Southern NH, around Manchester.

A neighbor calls F&G about a tree stand on my property - my tree stand. My name on my stand - same name on the Posted signs along the roadways.

Two guys trespass on my land by trespassing through my neighbor’s posted land, claiming mine wasn’t posted. Well no, not at that border between his and my land. I just said you must have missed the signs and if you’d like to wait i’ll call the PD so you can explain why you think you weren’t trasspassing through his land onto my land. They left.

Quite a day in SoNH.
Well, here's one for you from northern New Hampshire: we're walking the property lines on our land in Lisbon with the surveyor and logger... and find Posted signs. Relatively fresh ones. Obviously not posted by us, but on our land. Pretty much figure the ex-husband of our neighbor did it, to keep out other hunters.

"Get off my lawn!"

Texas has more fences, no doubt, but - when it comes to assertiveness, after someone has strayed onto their private property - nobody beats New Hampshire.

Back
Top Bottom