• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

A Glock Switch?

You can buy a nice one here:

OR

The news story said the Glock Switches are legal as long as they are not attached to the gun?

Can NES confirm this?

The news story said the Glock Switches are legal as long as they are not attached to the gun?

Can NES confirm this?
Absolutely not. Possession of an RDIAS or HK seer. is illegal without the paperwork, regardless of it installed or not. I can’t see how a Glock switch would be any different with the exception of you can own a full M-16 fire control group with the sear… although if you do have a lower cable of accepting them, it could be constructive intent

Can NES confirm this?
That is absolutely incorrect; machine gun parts are illegal to posess without NFA paperwork.

This paragraph from NBC clearly shows you the quality of their "reporting":
Within seconds, a burst of automatic weapons fire pierced the door and struck his chest, ending his life. He was one of many recent victims of what law enforcement officials say is a growing threat: Handguns and rifles illegally modified with a small device to shoot like machine guns. Referred to as “Glock switches” or “auto sears,” these devices have proliferated on the streets, officials say, amplifying the impact of gun violence. Tiny, cheap and easy to install, they are being imported from China, but also are being made with 3D printers.

The poorly written sentences above would lead you to think that "Glock switches" and "auto sears" are the same thing, and that they can be used for "Handguns and rifles". I need a Glock rifle - wonder what kinds they make...

Why don’t you be the test case?

Absolutely not. Possession of an RDIAS or HK seer. is illegal without the paperwork, regardless of it installed or not. I can’t see how a Glock switch would be any different with the exception of you can own a full M-16 fire control group with the sear… although if you do have a lower cable of accepting them, it could be constructive intent

Glock Switch? I switched to Glocks from SIGs.

That is absolutely incorrect; machine gun parts are illegal to posess without NFA paperwork.

This paragraph from NBC clearly shows you the quality of their "reporting":
Within seconds, a burst of automatic weapons fire pierced the door and struck his chest, ending his life. He was one of many recent victims of what law enforcement officials say is a growing threat: Handguns and rifles illegally modified with a small device to shoot like machine guns. Referred to as “Glock switches” or “auto sears,” these devices have proliferated on the streets, officials say, amplifying the impact of gun violence. Tiny, cheap and easy to install, they are being imported from China, but also are being made with 3D printers.

The poorly written sentences above would lead you to think that "Glock switches" and "auto sears" are the same thing, and that they can be used for "Handguns and rifles". I need a Glock rifle - wonder what kinds they make...
They said a switch alone is legal under state law but that may change with the new gun laws.

I see still illegal under federal law.

They said a switch alone is legal under state law but that may change with the new gun laws.

I see still illegal under federal law.
Grab a few as pre whatever the new bill number is.

Sell them as pre bill for $5000 each and profit.

Maybe use the cash to put a ring on your lingerie model g/f?

Are you 5? 🤣

It's no different than having an auto sear, it's illegal in the presence of anything that can accept it.
Doesn’t even have to be in presence of firearm. It’s machine gun part. No NFA paperwork- not legally possessed.

It’s not like constructive possession of unassembled suppressor components.

Auto sears, giggle switches, lightning links - all machine gun parts. No other use.

Doesn’t even have to be in presence of firearm. It’s machine gun part. No NFA paperwork- not legally possessed.

It’s not like constructive possession of unassembled suppressor components.

Auto sears, giggle switches, lightning links - all machine gun parts. No other use.
I don't remember it being that way. They need a host to get a conviction. I don't think a sear or a switch alone is enough by itself. *

CP = the authority has to assert you were going to wave your hands and make the illegal thing. If you don't have the parts to do that, it's difficult.

* one issue with glock switches obviously is illegal importation. They can probably still rap someone for that shit even if they don't own a single glock part.

What do we NES People Of The Gun think of the switch? Is it a symbol of freedom that we should try to protect? Older white taxpayers have their symbol to celebrate the 2A - the assault-riffle-fifteen. The Glock Switch is simply the freedom symbol of choice for many 12-25 year old black youth. the second amendment is for everyone and we should join in and fight for our freedoms. Wouldn't you want a fully legal fully automatic and suppressed Glock in a CAA Roni too?

Here we got the A10 special edition.

CAA-MCK-Glock-Micro-Conversion-Kit-with-Hartman-CAA-MH1-Red-Dot-Reflex-Sight-Combat-Optic_SHOT...jpg

What do we NES People Of The Gun think of the switch? Is it a symbol of freedom that we should try to protect? Older white taxpayers have their symbol to celebrate the 2A - the assault-riffle-fifteen. The Glock Switch is simply the freedom symbol of choice for many 12-25 year old black youth. the second amendment is for everyone and we should join in and fight for our freedoms. Wouldn't you want a fully legal fully automatic and suppressed Glock in a CAA Roni too?

Here we got the A10 special edition.

View attachment 860719

I don't have a problem with it. I think the media hype is retarded. Sure its scareeeee to retards but its no more dangerous than any other firearm. Maybe less actually. (Less aimed fire, not a great hit rate)

I don't remember it being that way. They need a host to get a conviction. I don't think a sear or a switch alone is enough by itself. *

CP = the authority has to assert you were going to wave your hands and make the illegal thing. If you don't have the parts to do that, it's difficult.

* one issue with glock switches obviously is illegal importation. They can probably still rap someone for that shit even if they don't own a single glock part.
What @allen-1 said.

On its own a giggle switch, auto sear etc are by themselves machine guns.

Stupid? Yup. But here we are.

Don’t forget Matt CRS and his auto key card.

@allen-1 seriously tho if you have a copy of an indictment where a person was indicted for ONLY /having/ a sear, LL, or a glock switch, id love to see it

I stress the word only.

Only meaning their only "sin" was posessing the device. A guy that was known to convert gangbanger glocks, doesn't count.

What @allen-1 said.

Stupid? Yup. But here we are.

Don’t forget Matt CRS and his auto key card.

Yeah, true that. Are they indicting him for manufacturing or merely possession?

@allen-1 seriously tho if you have a copy of an indictment where a person was indicted for ONLY /having/ a sear, LL, or a glock switch, id love to see it

I stress the word only.

Only meaning their only "sin" was posessing the device. A guy that was known to convert gangbanger glocks, doesn't count.

This is what I was referring to

Yeah, true that. Are they indicting him for manufacturing or merely possession?
I’m not 1000% sure.

I’m thinking it was selling machine gun parts

To your point, they are not machine gun parts unless you have a gun they could convert.

But he’s not selling them as a functional item, and he does not know that you own a convertible gun.

So on its own the uncut piece of sheet metal got him jammed up.

Stupid. But here we are

@allen-1 seriously tho if you have a copy of an indictment where a person was indicted for ONLY having a sear, LL, or a glock switch, id love to see it

I stress the word only.

I know of a local case where a guy had his door kicked after a controled delivery of a switch several years ago when when they first came on the scene. DOJ/DHS was planning to rack him up on just the switch. When they kicked his door in they found many more things to charge him with though….

I stress the word only.

Here's the NFA handbook from the ATF:

And here's the portion, right up top that says the auto sear by itself is a machine gun....

1710292296136.png

Here's an article describing the Glock Giggle Switch sold by Great Lakes, note the statement that they'll only sell to full auto manufacturers.

Here's an indictment for posession/distribution:

Arrest for posession:

this is where the confusion lies on AUTO sears

ATF Ruling 81-4

In 1981, the ATF issued a ruling that an AR-15 drop in auto sear in and of itself was considered a machine gun part and simple possession of it was illegal unless it was registered as a machine gun. Most importantly, they also ruled that DIASs made before November 1, 1981 were legal to own.

In 1986, the Gun Owners Protection Act also outlawed any part that was exclusively for use in a machine gun, regardless when it was made. Before that, a DIAS could technically be legally owned if it was made before November 1, 1981 and not possessed in conjunction with an AR-15.

Several circuit courts upheld the pre-November 1, 1981 grandfathering, which created more confusion. At the same time, AR-15 drop in auto sears were openly sold in industry publications up until fairly recently. These ads purported to be selling legal pre-November 1, 1981 drop in auto sears, which is a pretty dubious claim given the sheer length of time those ads ran.

SPD-pistol-traffic-stop.png

11 rounds on full auto out of a sub-compact, lol (brp...)

No charge for ammo possession or is that what the extra unlicensed loaded firearm on top of the unlicensed firearm charge is supposed to insinuate?

11 rounds on full auto out of a sub-compact, lol (brp...)

No charge for ammo possession or is that what the extra unlicensed loaded firearm on top of the unlicensed firearm charge is supposed to insinuate?
I’d pay money to watch someone, especially a non-gun enthusiast, try to hang onto a g27 in full auto!!

Back
Top Bottom