• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

A New Fireams Shop on Cape Cod..The Outdoor Shop Inc. South Yarmouth MA. (a review)

After all the crazy sheeple bullshit they had to go through to even open the shop, I'm sure they'd appreciate the business.

I plan on stopping in duing the next couple weeks.

Actually we weren't the ones that had issues opening. Since we were a pre existing business.
When you stop in ask me all about it.

Thanks guys. We have a good supply of AR's and handguns. With lots on order if they finally show.

Dan

I stopped in yesterday to pick up some ammo and had a wonderful experience. The owner was incredibly helpful and very knowledgeable. I was also blown away at how great their pricing was. I was expecting a premium price because of their location on the cape but their prices are great for any where in Ma. Definitely worth stopping in and taking a look! Congratulations on the new shop you will do wonderful!

I've been in twice over the past two weeks and can only echo the sentiments of everyone else. Dan was very helpful and a is great guy to chat with. None of the pretentiousness or coldness you get at some shops.

Ditto on the pricing. Not even Wally World has boxes of .45 ACP for under $20, and I noticed he had some 1000 round cases of 5.56 for well under $400. If you're on the lower South Shore, give it a look. If he has what you want, it beats driving north through the city to Woburn.

Terrific cape gun shop, welcoming, knowledgeable, and with great friendly service -so refreshing. Picked up a new hard to find Black Sig P239 9MM yesterday along with a new assisted CRKT knife, great prices! No more long trips to Woburn. If you haven't already, stop in for a visit, it can be well worth it, especially on the cape.

Finally stopped in and spoke with the owner Dan. Excellent customer service, and I never felt rushed. Purchase was quick and simple. Great shop with competitive prices, and in a great location. Will definitely be going back and recommend you check the shop out.

Thanks again guys.

Our no tax weekend hours will be 9:30 til 3 or later if busy, which looks like we should be.
Hoping to have extra product and ammo in just for the weekend !!
See you there.

Dan

Terrific cape gun shop, welcoming, knowledgeable, and with great friendly service -so refreshing. Picked up a new hard to find Black Sig P239 9MM yesterday along with a new assisted CRKT knife, great prices! No more long trips to Woburn. If you haven't already, stop in for a visit, it can be well worth it, especially on the cape.

+1 THIS...

Thank You, Dan & Lori for the great customer service. I have also experienced all the great things that many posts have stated above.

Took a ride down Saturday to ODS for tax free holiday to purchase two new toys. It was a great experience, it was quick, and they are very helpful, knowledgeable and easy to talk with.

The inventory they stock is a very impressive and varied selection, considering that they are a new shop. Prices are great on the ammo, guns & accessories. I had such a good experience with Saturday's purchases, that I actually went back on Sunday and bought an additional gun.

If you find yourself anywhere near the Cape you need to check them out.

I also had a great experience at the second day of tax-free weekend. On the Cape for a weekend with the family I stopped in to see what the shop looked like. As stated above, it's a nice shop and the owner, Dan, is friendly and helpful. Ended up with a new Sig 1911.

If you're near Mid-Cape, check it out.

Thanks Guys!

To answer a few things on other posts etc... we are normally open 10-5 M-F and Saturday 9:30-2 or later. Hours may change soon : to close another day, but open late a night or two..

So let us know what the best night may be to stay open !

We get new product in every day, from ammo, handguns, long guns, Crossbreed, Magpul accessories, and other items that are not easily found in the area. I also believe our pricing on almost everything is some of the best anywhere. Of course some items are very cheap other places, but there is always a price to pay IMO, from a long drive to bad service and attitude.

Thanks
Dan

not surprised there are no bad reviews comments here, i did a transfer there with Dan and "the Fam" when i bought a used sig. Prices are awesome really if I lived closer would be stopping in a lot more. Comparable to FS maybe 5-10 difference on most guns and you dont have to feel like your in a cattle pen (still love U FS too. Too bad i lined up the used deal already before finding the shop. Dan was carrying the sp2022 9mm when everyone else said it wasnt on the list but it really was. A month later I see FS is selling/advertising them now, Dan was ahead of the curve. I couldnt bring myself to cancel the used deal and spend the extra 50 to buy it new. Probably should have when i found sandy green grease and an animal hair under the interchangable grip, that was advertised as like new less than 300 rounds thru it gun LOL oh well its still a great shooter after cleaning it up.. Dan keep up the great work and hope you have a prosperous future sir..

Went in io ods today for a transfer. What an awesome shop. Dan is a great guy with great prices.

His inventory is incredible. I will be back.

I freaking love these guys. Every time I am home on the Cape I stop in and support the shop buying some ammo.

Dan is the man. Real good people, and most importantly does not partake in scumbaggary.

... and I say this with the utmost respect my friend... your wife is a hard 10 [bow]

If you guys get a chance, stop in and see Dan and the fam. Good people deserve good biz, and hell he is holding some great inventory!

Cant talk highly enough, very helpful, good selection, great prices.

I look forward to calling in again.

5 out of 5 stars from me

G

I love this place... Stopped by on Tuesday and Dan fixed me up with a very cool YHM, 9MM, complete upper, to go with a AR-15 Lower I got on one of our NES Group Buys. ODS also has great prices on ammo too. Although, after the recent events in CT, current supplies are getting wiped out.

Thanks again Dan & Lori for the friendly atmosphere and great customer service.
YHM_7810-9.jpg

Last edited:
I'm gonna say he's a great guy because he's a fellow D-Y Alum! Sorry, just had too. Lol

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk

Had a great experience at the Outdoor Shop today. There was a selection of items a good prices. Bought a used Gen 2 G19 for $499. Dan was friendly, helpful, and knew his stuff. I'd highly reccomend!

Out Door Sports gun shop South Yarmouth, MA

I found out about them here on NES and I was happy to hear we have another option on the cape aside from the Powder Horn. I stopped in 2 weeks ago and they had next to nothing on the shelves. Maybe 6 handguns and a dozen rifles/shotguns. I stopped in earlier this week and found they had gotten in more handguns, and in particular they had 2 second gen Glock 19's. I was Sig shopping but I've missed my G23 since I sold it in a moment of weakness last year to help fund my 1911 addiction. I emailed Dan (the owner) about the Glocks and he replied very quickly. We went back and forth a few times about possible trades. When he told me that someone had already bought one of the G19's already, I asked him to hold the other till friday till I could make it down there to buy it. The way pistols are flying out the doors of gun shops these days, I thought it was good of him to hang on to the Glock for a week till I came back and paid for it. The one I bought did not have a mag so Dan gave me a pre-ban hi-cap for it with the sale.

My experience with ODS was great and I wanted to put the word out that Dan's a good guy with reasonable prices. If you are on the cape I'd suggest stopping in some time to check him out.

ODSGuns.com - Home

Chris-

Last edited:
Dan has been nothing but good to me when I go in. I have transferred a couple guns with him and also bought one of the G19's he had there as well. Friendly environment and easy to deal with. My local go to shop

We are finally seeing stock trickle back in. Ammo is still hard to get anything substantial quantity.. In the next few weeks will have new summer hours. Haven't decided exactly what nights to stay open, so if anyone has ideas let us know here.

Back
Top Bottom