A new shooter in the making?

Saturday night my cousin stopped by with a friend of his to say hi. So my little lady, Barbara, made some coffee and we chatted about this and that. The conversation turned to hobbies so Barb asked my cousin, Ron and his friend, Tom (I met a few times before) if they’d like to see her revolver. Tom said sure, I’ve never seen a gun close-up before. Barb got her S&W, unlocked it and made sure it was not loaded. She explained about safe gun handling before she let Tom hold it. My cousin BTW wasn’t the least bit interested and teased Barb by calling her ‘Annie Oakley’.

Tom was very interested about the revolver asking questions about who made it, the material it’s made from etc. Barb and I explained about calibers and how firearms work. Of course I had to get into the act so I got my S&W 1911, after doing the safety check Tom held it and said, wow this is heavy! I said if you’re really interested would you like to go shooting with me sometime? Sure, he said. He also asked about obtaining a LTC and what’s involved.

I hope he contacts me. Perhaps we have a new shooter in the making. [grin]

Back
Top Bottom