A thumbs up for Thompson Center!

A buddy of mine who moved a couple of years ago gave me an older TC Thunderhawk muzzle loader that he had laying around.
Problem was the nipple was broken off of the breach plug and a charge was stuck in the barrel.
I let it sit around for a couple years but decided to get it fixed so one of my sons could use it this year.
I sent it to T.C. last week after following their instructions to make the charge inert with some WD40 and Ed's Red and Fedex just dropped it off at my home about three minutes ago.
Completely fixed,new nipple, new upgraded iron sights, shipping paid.
All free of charge.
Thanks T.C. !

now we want to know how it shoots!! range report? i was thinking of getting a muzzleloader, but of course Mass doesn't allow the break action muzzleloaders for hunting. Although the T/C Hawken model is very nice.

Im going out to shoot it this weekend after I mount a scope on it, weather allowing.
The Thunderhawk is one of the older inline models that uses a common #11 cap but I am tempted to put the 209 conversion on it.
I bought an Omega last year, legal in Ma., and am very happy with it other than I think it is a bit heavy and the sling swivel mounts are in the wrong spot , making the gun off balance when trying to carry it over your shoulder.
The Thunderhawk is a light and nimble gun compared to the Omega.

Back
Top Bottom