• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

A very good use for IBC totes.

Uzi2

NES Member
I've got several of these IBC totes. I use two of them for water containers at remote garden sites. Then I have three of them which I removed the containers and filled them with firewood. I have yet to cut the removed containers but this is what I'll be doing to cover my firewood, and using the bottoms as planters.

By cutting off the bottom 12-14 inches, this leaves you with a top that can be cut diagonally from one upper corner to the opposing lower corner forming a triangle which acts as a pitched roof to place over the cage full of wood as pictured in the front left of this video.

View: https://youtu.be/jQCuSGooLEQ

That's a great idea!

A buddy of mine processes his wood and stacks it in totes.

Then, in the winter he'll use his tractor to put a tote up on his deck, just outside the sliding door.

Makes it easy to fill the wood stove in his living room.

Once that tote is empty, he uses the tractor to remove it and puts a full one back on the deck.

I've been thinking about using them on their sides to stack firewood. Then the wood would still be easily accessible. I'd set them on my wood shed so they'll have some cover. Right now I just have boards screwed to the sides of pallets to keep the piles from falling over and I don't trust it.

I've got several of these IBC totes. I use two of them for water containers at remote garden sites. Then I have three of them which I removed the containers and filled them with firewood. I have yet to cut the removed containers but this is what I'll be doing to cover my firewood, and using the bottoms as planters.

By cutting off the bottom 12-14 inches, this leaves you with a top that can be cut diagonally from one upper corner to the opposing lower corner forming a triangle which acts as a pitched roof to place over the cage full of wood as pictured in the front left of this video.

View: https://youtu.be/jQCuSGooLEQ

good idea.
i been thinking about doing that,
split and toss it in, should dry out the wood real quick.
move them around with the tractor and forks
make handling wood easy peasey

Back
Top Bottom