• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

A win in Georgia

" House Bill 60, also known as The Safe Carry Protection Act, will allow licensed gun owners to carry their firearms into public places, including bars, nightclubs, schools, churches and government buildings."

As it should be... Everywhere.

This kind of legislation really frightens me. I'm so glad we have Massachusetts to protect us and prevent such freedoms.

If people are allowed to protect themselves, what will stop them from shooting each other? So Scary!!!!!

This is the same reason I never carry any rocks in my pocket...because one time I had some rocks with me and I couldn't help but throw them at peoples' heads.

This was the lead story on the NBC Nightly News tonight. Apparently all of the usual suspects are horrified.

Which, curiously, still leaves Georgia MORE restrictive than MA (in general) with respects to where a carry permit person may go armed.

This was the lead story on the NBC Nightly News tonight. Apparently all of the usual suspects are horrified.

It was the lead on the CBS national news too. The nags for gun control were despondent. [laugh] It made me smile.

Which, curiously, still leaves Georgia MORE restrictive than MA (in general) with respects to where a carry permit person may go armed.

Yeah all of these southern "free" states have too many restrictions on where you can/can't carry.
If MA didn't have the AWB/Mag capacity limits it wouldn't be half bad........

Yeah all of these southern "free" states have too many restrictions on where you can/can't carry.
If MA didn't have the AWB/Mag capacity limits it wouldn't be half bad........

Except for all of the arbitrary and capricious licensing requirements here, application fees, and all of the other hoops we have to jump through.

This new law has really brought out the antis, and most of them haven't even read the details and just assume it means anyone can carry anywhere they want. A few people I spoke with were shocked when I mentioned the laws in CT and MA were already similar.

A family member posted something on Facebook about never going to Georgia again and the bashing begun. One of her replies contained the following quote

"I am so supportive of bearing arms in a reasonable place..... schools-not reasonable. Airports-not reasonable. Movie theaters-not reasonable"

WTF???

This new law has really brought out the antis, and most of them haven't even read the details and just assume it means anyone can carry anywhere they want. A few people I spoke with were shocked when I mentioned the laws in CT and MA were already similar.

A family member posted something on Facebook about never going to Georgia again and the bashing begun. One of her replies contained the following quote

"I am so supportive of bearing arms in a reasonable place..... schools-not reasonable. Airports-not reasonable. Movie theaters-not reasonable"

WTF???

Ask her about the movie theater shooting in CO, that was a gun free zone (no guns allowed there). How'd that work out for the movie goers? People like that are just so so stupid, it makes your head hurt. Someone going to a theater, school, etc. with the intent/desire to kill as many people as they can, a stupid no gun sign or law will stop them. Call them out and rip them up.

Back
Top Bottom