• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

A world gone crazy.

There's that word again... "should."

I understand what you're saying, but you're living in fairyland. None of what you want reflects reality. The courts have to deal with reality, not feels. The reality here is that these charges weren't going to stick. Not some other charges... not what he "should" have been charged with... THESE charges.

And if the charges aren't going to stick, the defendant gets kicked loose. And if the defendant is loose, he absolutely has the right to have his gun. What he chose to do with it is his fault, and he'll hopefully pay a price for it.

Is there a part of "Illegal alien " that you are not particularly clear on ?
As in not an american citizen .
As in prior felony arrests .
As in his ass shouldn't have even been on U.S. soil.
As in he should have been handed directly to INS and given a quick bumpy ride directly back to the border and hurled over.
He has no 2A rights here .
There is no fairy land or feels about it.
Illegal with a previous felony conviction.
The actual LAW says your ass is outa here.
Tell me you don't teach civics.

It's a Federal crime for an illegal alien to be in possession of a firearm.

Fair enough.

One wonders whether the authorities tried to go through the process to seek and confiscate the firearm in his safe. Apparently not.

As in he should have been handed directly to INS and given a quick bumpy ride directly back to the border and hurled over.
I don't know the law, and what it should be is another discussion but isn't the current 'policy/law' that anyone that even wants to immigrate has all the rights and privileges plus some extras of Americans?

You're still "should"-ing.

The article leaves an awful lot unsaid. What I do know is that illegals, if caught, get due process before they're sent out. And there's also due process before the authorities gank guns from people... well, not in MA. But normally, NES is against that sort of thing... hmmm...

Illegal Aliens just need to be rounded up and sent back to where they came from, that’s the bottom line. I’m all for people coming to the United States from wherever as long as they go through the immigration process and plan on working while being a good person. I cannot tell you how many illegals are doing the revolving door in our prison systems, it’s absolutely ridiculous and honestly I don’t blame the illegals really, it’s the government that allows it and this is the type of shit that good people have to deal with. It’s lunacy and these lawmakers don’t give a rats ass unless one of their loved ones gets victimized.

Illegal Aliens just need to be rounded up and sent back to where they came from, that’s the bottom line. I’m all for people coming to the United States from wherever as long as they go through the immigration process and plan on working while being a good person. I cannot tell you how many illegals are doing the revolving door in our prison systems, it’s absolutely ridiculous and honestly I don’t blame the illegals really, it’s the government that allows it and this is the type of shit that good people have to deal with. It’s lunacy and these lawmakers don’t give a rats ass unless one of their loved ones gets victimized.

So when are you gonna take that job picking strawberries during the day and tarring roofs by night????

The reason we have an "illegal" alien problem, for the most part, is that we have a centuries-old broken immigration system that was designed by Xenophobes in the 19th century.

As I've said many many times before, look to Canadana. No one complains about their immigration. (Probably because it's too damned cold!) There is no "My mother-in-law on my sister-in-law's side is a Canadian citizen, so you gotta take me" BS. If you are going to be a productive contributor to Canada, you're in. If not, you're out.

Hell, I had a few clients that wanted to RETIRE to Canadana. Think on that. Bring all of that $ up there. Spend spend spend. Canada told them to pound sand. Because they saw the benefit (buying lots of Sanka, support hose and Metamucil) was far outweighed by the medical costs of a retiree. Smart on Canada's part.

Add in a massively healthy guest-worker program and about 95% of your immigration problem goes away. Overnight. Never a problem. Suddenly, the 5% that come over that have no documentation are clearly flouting the law and need to get jailed or shipped. It reduces ICE's work by a ton as well. Most become clerks processing guest-worker documentation.

Oh, but the Right wants to pay to put them all in jail or send them home. And the Left wants them to vote. So we will never get to a sensible solution.

Enjoy the S-show. We've got about another 40 years of it.

Nonsense. Canada has all sorts of welfare immigrant trash. If we 'need' them here, which is questionable, it is only because the people that say we need their labor told everyone not to have kids, and put women in the workforce to cut wages. So f' them. Let labor and everything else get more expensive. Oh buts the profits go down. Yeah we don't care, your dreg 'workers' need to go back.

Hell, I had a few clients that wanted to RETIRE to Canadana. Think on that. Bring all of that $ up there. Spend spend spend. Canada told them to pound sand. Because they saw the benefit (buying lots of Sanka, support hose and Metamucil) was far outweighed by the medical costs of a retiree. Smart on Canada's part.
Canada uses a points system, with the emphasis on "would the person be a benefit to Canada", not "Will this person vote for the party advocating open borders".

If they aren't going to charge him then yes they should give him his bullets back. It really goes back further if the guy is a POS and keeps skating that is the problem not giving him his bullets after failing to charge him.

You might be surprised what the police will or will not do.

I was arrested in 1986 for carrying a concealed handgun in Ohio.

Short version was I had an affirmative defense. I ended up paying a 50.00 dollar bond forfeiture and received my weapon back (and more importantly not a prohibited person). When it was time to retrieve the weapon, they wouldn't give me the projectiles back because, "It doesn't say that on the sheet."

We like to think that criminals are honest and fair people that learn from their mistakes and can be trusted again...some of them not so much.
Would anyone be willing to allow a convicted rapist unsupervised access to a family member?

Short version was I had an affirmative defense. I ended up paying a 50.00 dollar bond forfeiture and received my weapon back (and more importantly not a prohibited person). When it was time to retrieve the weapon, they wouldn't give me the projectiles back because, "It doesn't say that on the sheet."

We like to think that criminals are honest and fair people that learn from their mistakes and can be trusted again...some of them not so much.
Would anyone be willing to allow a convicted rapist unsupervised access to a family member?
It depends on how much you like the family member.

There was a case in MA where someone was denied an LTC because of a similar Ohio record. The problem was the issuing PD was not cognizant as to the difference between 'bail forfeiture" as a negotiated penalty and "bail forfeiture for failure to appear in court". I believe a MA attorney helped the applicant get this straightened out and the LTC was issued.

I'm not saying the guy isn't a total scumbag POS and everyone in the PD knows it. My point is you can't(ahem asset forfeiture) shouldn't might be a better word, be able to pick people up not charge them and keep their stuff. Even if their stuff is 'bad.'

There was a case in MA where someone was denied an LTC because of a similar Ohio record. The problem was the issuing PD was not cognizant as to the difference between 'bail forfeiture" as a negotiated penalty and "bail forfeiture for failure to appear in court". I believe a MA attorney helped the applicant get this straightened out and the LTC was issued.

Yes, that was probably me. Had an LTC for probably 10-12 years and the police tried to peg me as a PP claiming I was convicted of a misdemeanor gun crime (based on the bond forfeiture). Original charge for me was a class II felony which would have been some solid time if I was convicted.

Problem didn't come from local PD, but coaching from someone in downtown Boston. Around the time they were looking to deny anyone with a "perceived" record...marijuana and other teen offenses or a misdemeanor gun charge.

Police had all of the court documents from the beginning (submitted with my LTC each time), didn't matter. Paid more than I wanted to an attorney, but worth it. In this case I fought the law and I won. There is still a chip on my shoulder about that one.

Had to pay the application fee of 100.00 twice once regular and once for the denial they changed their mind about...another sore subject.

You're still "should"-ing.

The article leaves an awful lot unsaid. What I do know is that illegals, if caught, get due process before they're sent out. And there's also due process before the authorities gank guns from people... well, not in MA. But normally, NES is against that sort of thing... hmmm...

Illegal aliens have zero 2A rights .
I could type it a few more times if you like.
And you could pretend you didn't see it a few more.
There is no connection to the rights of an American citizen and in illegal invader to this country.
You have to be a Democrat .

I could type it a few more times if you like.
And you could pretend you didn't see it a few more.
There is no connection to the rights of an American citizen and in illegal invader to this country.
You have to be a Democrat .
He did say "fair enough " when I pointed out that it's a Federal crime for an illegal to be in possession of a firearm.

He did say "fair enough " when I pointed out that it's a Federal crime for an illegal to be in possession of a firearm.

It was his snarky little "NES is usually against this stuff . " that was douchy .
I don't agree with him so I must be in favor of confiscating everyone's guns.
Argues like a Democrat or a teenage girl.

It was his snarky little "NES is usually against this stuff . " that was douchy .
I don't agree with him so I must be in favor of confiscating everyone's guns.
Argues like a Democrat or a teenage girl.

What's douchy about suggesting that due process is important? Really, I want to know.

Especially if the alternative it trusting the .gov to trample on peoples' rights without it.

The courts disagree with you. They still have some basic rights. The second class right subject to a different set of rules (as noted by the job applicant for the SCOTUS vacancy).

Ooops, missed that the OP qualified it with "2A rights". He is correct on that.

Last edited:
So your saying it's legal in any state for an illegal to carry or own a gun?
Never heard of that before.
No, I said they had some rights. I was responding to the claim that illegals have no rights.

They have the right to remain silent when interrogated; to be free from warrantless searches;; etc.

It is true to say they do not have 2A rights; it is not true to say they have no rights. My goof reading your post too quickly.

Last edited:
No, I said they had some rights. I was responding to the claim that illegals have no rights.

They have the right to remain silent when interrogated; to be free from warrantless searches;; etc.

It is true to say they do not have 2A rights; it is not true to say they have no rights.
I re-read you post and see you qualified it with 2A rights .... ooops.

Last edited:

It is true to say they do not have 2A rights; it is not true to say they have no rights. My goof reading your post too quickly.

That's OK.
You get to pull the rope on the second catapult shot over the wall . ;)

Back
Top Bottom