AA - Ammoholics Anonymous

Step 1 - I admit that I am powerless over my addiction to ammo and that my life has become unmanageable

• Have you seriously damaged your relationships with other people because of your addiction to ammo?

• If other people have told you how you how your have hurt them, then write down what they said.

• Describe any missed appointments that resulted from your addiction to ammo.

• Describe any memory lapses where you cannot account for where you were before or after you bought ammo.

• Describe any times that you cannot recall how you got home after buying ammo.

• Describe any illnesses (other than lead poisoning) that have resulted from your addiction to ammo.

• If your addictive behavior contributed to excessive spending, describe...never mind.

• Describe times that you have withdrawn from social interaction and isolated yourself to an extreme degree of ammo sorting.

• Describe incidents where you expressed inappropriate anger towards other people who bought the last box of 7.62x54R.

• Describe embarrassing or humiliating incidents in your life related to your addiction to ammo.

• Do you feel any remorse from the ways that you have acted in your life? No. No, of course not...

• Describe any dreams that you have had that exhibit the unmanageability or chaos of your ammo cabinet.

Hello, I am buryingthesun and sometimes I will wake up early on weekends to go grocery shopping only to hit the ammo case and hide it from my significant other.

Welcome Buryingthesun. [wink] I have done the same thing! I've even gone ammo shopping when I get up early on Sunday's to get doughnuts for the family.

BTW. I tried to cut down on my ammo addiction. Today I heard at 4:30 that there was some pistol caliber PPU ammo at Walmart in Whitsnville. I did not go and instead went to my eye doctor appointment. I have been kicking myself in the ass for almost 4 hours now with regret for not going and getting another 3 boxes.[sad2] I know I will not sleep tonight and if I do nod off, it will be a nightmare of all the little ammo dancing around me pissing on my face.... withdrawals and regrets suck

Welcome Buryingthesun. [wink] I have done the same thing! I've even gone ammo shopping when I get up early on Sunday's to get doughnuts for the family.

BTW. I tried to cut down on my ammo addiction. Today I heard at 4:30 that there was some pistol caliber PPU ammo at Walmart in Whitsnville. I did not go and instead went to my eye doctor appointment. I have been kicking myself in the ass for almost 4 hours now with regret for not going and getting another 3 boxes.[sad2] I know I will not sleep tonight and if I do nod off, it will be a nightmare of all the little ammo dancing around me pissing on my face.... withdrawals and regrets suck

Well I picked up 3 boxes of 9 and made my girlfriend go in and buy 3 more lol

- scumbag

i don't have a problem. I'm not like all you people. I can totally control my urges. I could stop at any time, if I wanted to.

Searched the threads and I find myself here. I knew when I joined, that NES would be working on the big problems. My name is Jim and I last ordered ammo 3 minutes ago. I'm not proud but I am frugal so I ordered the smallest case that would qualify for free shipping. It doesn't make me a bad person

I'll be damned if I run low like I did during the last drought. I can't order enough, and even started reloading about 6 months ago. Time to buy another case of .22lr.

Do you purchase ammo for calibers that you do not own, just because, you know...someday...
I never bought for guns I don't have but my dad did so I had to buy guns for that ammo when it found its way to my house.
6.5 carcano being one of them. Had a mag and 6 rounds sitting there and just had to find the rifle to match

The shipment has arrived. I feel a strange mix of euphoria and guilt washing over me. This is it.....last time..... I don't need anymore......where would I put it?

Too much ammo is like too much sex. Unheard of.

The spirit is willing, but the flesh is spongy and bruised. That phrase can be used for both sex or when you shoot all your ammo and need to restock the whole cabinet.

Also hi I'm SFB, I'm addicted to splitting cases because I want cheaper ammo but I don't want to spend the money for a full case. It leads to not saving enough ammo or enough money for new guns.

Hello, My name is Mike. I realized I had a problem when I started lying to my wife. A heavy brown cardboard box would show up at the door. When she asked what was in it. I told her "it's cheaper to buy Nails online than it is it's a lumber yard" forgive me God I have sinned.

On the brighter side she thinks I'm really busy at work because I buy a lot of nails.

Last edited:
I just got into this hobby, and realized quickly that without ammo, it doesn't really matter how many firearms you have. Therefore... 7000 rounds incoming. Message to fedex guy in address line 2--- "garage door is open" He already hates me due to my Jeep parts addiction. Oh well, sorry man :( Christmas bonus will be better this year :)

I buy empty ammo cans so that I can have an excuse to fill them up. It is a sad existence.

I've got some boxes of three calibers I don't own a gun for.
I've been gifted brass in three more calibers I don't own a gun for.
I have an order from TargetSportsUSA on the way.
One of the best experiences is finding a box of something in your stash and saying, "oh, cool, I forgot I bought that!"

Back
Top Bottom