Active Shooter at the Prep

Holy crap. A million cops swarm the school due to a swatting call (i.e. of questionable credibility) and they're walking around with guns out and fingers on triggers? What a joke.
Exactly, moron could have shot some kid sitting on the throne in mid-crap. Now the chief should know that that cop is not fit to respond to these kinds of incidents.

My Alma Mater. Always hoped Hardiman would never have to mutter the special code. Well, get your shit now folks, there's a ton of money at that school that is going to be breathing down Healy's neck to pass anything and everything.
The gun accidentally went off.

Yeah. Magic fairy fingers pulled that trigger.

Please tell me that cops are not that incompetent with weapons.

"The initial response was a threat of a person threatening to cause harm in one of the men's rooms. Officers responded. During the initial search, there was an accidental discharge. No one was injured and that prompted the increased response," Danvers Police Chief James P. Lovell

Untrained officer has a negligent discharge and it prompts the entire school to go into "active shooter" lockdown.

I can't help but notice the language. It's an accidental discharge when police do it. It's a negligent discharge when anybody else does it.
I heard there was a toilet armed with an assault plunger, and it needed to be flushed.

If it is a deliberate hoax I hope they find the turd responsible. I have a pretty dark sense of humor but this sh*t's not funny
They almost always ID these f*cktards who do these swatting events and then broom the charges

The parents lawyer up and play the sympathy card with the old “Don’t ruin my kid’s life over a prank”

A few very public prosecutions would curb that nonsense pretty quickly

A long time ago, when I first got my LTC, my neighbor, who is a Sargent on my towns PD, wrote one of letters of recommendation that the town required. So I asked him, "Where do you guys all go to shoot?" He told me that they bring one of those mobile ranges every couple of years so they can qualify, but they haven't had to for more than 3 years. Said it was the only time he shoots. He hadn't fired his service pistol in more than 3 years.

My old shop was right next to a Police supply store and one afternoon a RI cop stopped into my showroom. I asked him how he like his Glock? He told me that he hates guns and locks it up in his office before he leaves work. Never carries off duty. Told me that he's such a lousy shot that when he has to qualify, he takes his pen out of his pocket and pokes holes in the target. He was the Chief.
I asked him why he didn't become a fireman?

Kids today are so dumb. Swatting brings so much heat!
In my day, if you were unprepared for the test, you pulled a fire alarm!
I am not saying I did it, but I am saying that Newton South had a lot of false fire alarms back in the 80s, right around this time of the year...

SJP Class of 1986 here. I now teach at Essex Tech right down the street. We were also put into “shelter in place” mode around 2:00 today. Our administration handled everything calmly, efficiently, and professionally. Students were about 15 minutes late leaving today and traffic on 62 was a nightmare.

Don‘t think this was a student hoax, swatting is usually adult/parent driven. That said, the police AD that occurred today could have had far greater consequences if someone was hurt or worse. Adults or parents who try this type of stupidity to test the law enforcement response be prosecuted and punished.

Students find out quickly what’s going on and tensions run high. It is an unpleasant and frightening time in a classroom during this type of event. I hope to someday meet the parents who initiated this fiasco. They will not be pleased with the words I have for them.

Chris

SJP Class of 1986 here. I now teach at Essex Tech right down the street. We were also put into “shelter in place” mode around 2:00 today. Our administration handled everything calmly, efficiently, and professionally. Students were about 15 minutes late leaving today and traffic on 62 was a nightmare.

Don‘t think this was a student hoax, swatting is usually adult/parent driven. That said, the police AD that occurred today could have had far greater consequences if someone was hurt or worse. Adults or parents who try this type of stupidity to test the law enforcement response be prosecuted and punished.

Students find out quickly what’s going on and tensions run high. It is an unpleasant and frightening time in a classroom during this type of event. I hope to someday meet the parents who initiated this fiasco. They will not be pleased with the words I have for them.

Chris

You think a parent called all these schools? For what purpose?

Chris
I would probably guess that most swatting incidents come from people far away from the location, could be some kid in Montana or Europe for all I know. Could be a gamer that plays with a kid from SJP and had a beef, who the hell knows. Also, imagine if that cops ND was fatal while responding to a fake call, I would not want to be the person that made that call if caught.

Back
Top Bottom