• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Active Shooter Training

JonJ

NES Member
Got 8 hours of it tomorrow. I missed it last year and from what I hear, it's intense.
Report to follow.....
Jon

Jon is this put on by your PD or MPTC?

I've NEVER been real impressed with MCJTC (as it was called when I last took it) firearms training.

If you want a real good defensive tactics course check out the courses being offered in Tyngsboro and Nashua area this Summer. The Close Range Gunfighting 1 (CRG1) being given in July by Gabe Suarez is allegedly superb. I'm taking all 4 days with Gabe as well as the 3 days with Randy Cain in June.

See http://www.neshooters.com/2005-schedule.html for the entire Summer schedule for Tyngsboro/Nashua area.
See http://www.suarezinternational.com/2005classes/crgun1nashua.html for the CRG1 info.

There is another Simunitions program run by a friend of mine for his PD that you might be able to connect with. If interested get in touch with me directly and I'll put you in contact with him. One of these days I have to go and at least watch how he runs that program for myself.

LenS said:
Jon is this put on by your PD or MPTC?
It's PD sponsored but run by the MSP STOP Team.
Thanks for the info on the other programs. It may be worth trying one of the other ones just to get more of that type of training.
I wonder if we could put something together here on the board for the members?
Jon

Jon,

We are closely allied to those that are sponsoring the training opportunities in our area.

Since these national/international trainers must be paid, the courses aren't cheap, but they aren't outrageous either. Class size is usually around 12-20. Follow-up practice sessions are run locally after these courses by the local sponsors www.neshooters.com

I personally shoot with these guys 1-2x/month, practicing tactical drills (except in the Winter . . . I quit in mid-Dec and will be picking back up in 2 weeks). When you see the caliber of the students and instructors (no pun intended), you will probably be as awestruck as I was last year.

Well it was an awsome experience to say the least. We had run of one of the high schools.
We were divided up into 4 teams.
After almost 2 hours of tactical training, entering and clearing rooms, movement as a team through halls and stairs, etc, we ran through 5-6 different scenarios. These were done as one team working by itself in different sections of the school. After lunch all 4 teams worked together in several different scenarios with multiple bag guys.
Amazingly there was no fractticide. We all worked together very well.
I took a hit to my left flank between the panels of my vest. Damn that simunition can hurt. I had point and we had just neutralized a bad guy. The room was secure and as I was covering the doorway to the hall, #2 bad guy ran up the hallway. As he passed the door, he lit me up running by, never stopping.
All in all, it is invaluable training. But way too short.
This was as close to real as it could ever be, unfreaking real!

derek said:
That sounds like a blast.
Blast? That's a serious understatement!
It was full effect, tunnel vision (DANGEROUS), sweating profusely, out of breath/breathing heavy (when you remember to breathe).

BTW, we used their Sigs (I didn't even ck the model) and their M4's. One "bad guy" took a hit to the neck/throat with an M4 at about 5 feet. Can you say OUCH!

Back
Top Bottom