• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Adam Toledo shooting: Bodycam video of teen killed by CPD released by COPA; family calls for peace: Live Special Report

It’s unfortunate all around. The kid is dead and the cop has to live with knowing he killed a 13 year old kid. Wonder why a kid that young was running around the street at that time of night.
I was sneaking out at night at 13, but not doing that shit. If the societal values of the leftvwing inner city communities were different, this dude would probably be alive. Life is cheap in democrat run strongholds.

Parents need to take some responsibility for this shit. I feel bad for the officer. I am betting Roman has been an experienced shooter in past situations. Hope he never sees the light of day again.

the one i saw, showed the interaction, kid turned with what looked like a gun to me, in his right hand and cop fired one shot center mass, then started accessing injury and starting cpr. i felt bad for the cop, what a shitty situation

Yeah, I'm glad I didnt see that.
OK, so I watched it several times and I watched it in slo-mo. There was nothing in his hand. It was a shadow puppet created by the f***ing strobe light on his pistol. As he raised his hand for about 1 or 2 frames his hand creates a gun-like shadow-puppet on the wall that "appears" because his weapon light is pulsing and not creating a constant shadow. It literally blinks in and then it's gone. He was raising empty hands.

OK, so I watched it several times and I watched it in slo-mo. There was nothing in his hand. It was a shadow puppet created by the f***ing strobe light on his pistol. As he raised his hand for about 1 or 2 frames his hand creates a gun-like shadow-puppet on the wall that "appears" because his weapon light is pulsing and not creating a constant shadow. It literally blinks in and then it's gone. He was raising empty hands.
not strobe.jpg

It was visible to them prior to his turning. He ditched in the same motion in which he turned to face them.

I questioned the strobing previously because the footage I'd previously witnessed had the angle above clipped out. This puts it in the realm of "it is what it is". Had he not tried to shield the gun with his body and just dropped it so they could see it go, he's alive today.

You also have to remember that what we see in the video isn't exactly what the officer sees in real life..... the angle is slightly lower and the officers range of view is much larger than a camera. He could have seen the pistol way before it is visible in the video available to us.

It's like the kid was doing a magic trick...

He's holding a gun, then he spins around real fast as if to fire it but it's not in his hand anymore.

He dropped the gun out of site.

No wonder he got capped.

View attachment 472850

It was visible to them prior to his turning. He ditched in the same motion in which he turned to face them.

I questioned the strobing previously because the footage I'd previously witnessed had the angle above clipped out. This puts it in the realm of "it is what it is". Had he not tried to shield the gun with his body and just dropped it so they could see it go, he's alive today.
You ever catch a kid doing something they shouldn't and try hiding something behind their back when you clearly know what it is. This kid has the same reaction that any other kid does. It's like their default "I don't have the cookie" reflex.

You ever catch a kid doing something they shouldn't and try hiding something behind their back when you clearly know what it is. This kid has the same reaction that any other kid does. It's like their default "I don't have the cookie" reflex.

Have three. Happens repeatedly every day. It's unfortunate this was Toledo's response. That said, I see the gun in his hand and he spins at me, he's paid his price of admission and gets to take the ride.

Frame the incident in terms related to defense of the home:

You catch a home intruder in your living room, with his left side toward you. You see a full sized pistol in his right hand, and tell him to drop it. Instead of dropping it exactly where he stands, he turns to face you, shielding it with his body as he flicks it onto the recliner next to him, which faces away from you and you don't hear it land. The move is sudden, and his right hand is concealed most of the way.

You take that shot?

I can't get mad at an officer for squeezing when I would. Anger for the circumstances that put the kid there, absolutely. The shot, no.

Parents need to take some responsibility for this shit. I feel bad for the officer. I am betting Roman has been an experienced shooter in past situations. Hope he never sees the light of day again.

Kid ran away and parents reported him missing after 48 hours, this was the 2nd time.

The cops didn't know who the kid was until they started going through missing persons report and called his mom down to identify the kid.

Point being not all parents in the hood are deadbeats, but sometimes there is a point where you can't control what your kid does if the kid DGAF.

At 15 my mom had no control over me, I did whatever I wanted.

13 is kinda young, but I wasn't in the hood like this kid.

Last edited:
I've watched a few of these: the Floyd video, that fat woman wrestling and shooting the even fatter cop, this Holy Toldeo kid and others...

In every one the perp is acting sketchy as hell, bouncing around, bumbling out bullshit, shucking and jiving, going for stuff under the seat, like they've got ants in their pants, it's really crazy.

I'm not fan of the man, but who has the balls to pull this shit, especially when drawn upon. I don't get it. These people are trying to get capped.

I think this can be used as a teachable moment. Show all the middle school students in Chicago this video, and then show them the correct way to handle the situation if they ever happen to find themselves in a similar "predicament". Toledo's death does not have to be in vain.
Old and Busted: Eddie Eagle.
The New Hotness: Holy Toledo.
[angry]

Do you know were your kids are? Evidently not in this case!......Tuff lesson for mom and dad unfortunately.

13 year old Inner city gangbanger. Parents likely don't give a crap beyond their 15 minutes of fame and a hopefull lawsuit payout.

Kids sneak out all the time.

At age 13-15, the GF’s curfew was midnight. It was a solid 30 minute jog home from her house and longer if I was swooning over our unsupervised activities. I was repeatedly sneaking in past midnight, only to catch hell the next day from my dad but it was well worth it.

The events and outcome for kid and cop are tragic. But it can’t be neglected who the kid chose to keep company with. “You lie down with dogs, you’re bound to catch fleas...” If the kid had only been looking to get his wick wet, he would have probably lived to have a much better story to tell.

You also have to remember that what we see in the video isn't exactly what the officer sees in real life..... the angle is slightly lower and the officers range of view is much larger than a camera. He could have seen the pistol way before it is visible in the video available to us.
Framerate is also a thing to consider with video. Video shouldn't be considered raw fact rather than a quick series of pictures. Treating it as such in a court room is dangerous in some cases IMHO

That one frame where the kid has his hands up will get put on everything. In court, the cop gets the benefit of keeping things in perspective. The media is going to spin this one up.

Back
Top Bottom